So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

Certainly not trying to stir up political controversy here and am very happy with the administration transition in America's executive branch, but in reading several online op-ed pieces on the outgoing U.S. president, Bush seems to recieve total responsibility for the reduced security of failed loan repayments or market manipulations based upon greed that preceded the economic collapse that we are globally going to be suffering with for awhile. I guess I am curious how the members of the U.S. Congress with its myriad banking oversight and market regulatory committees, whose job it is to daily monitor these things, get a total pass on this one?

I can't help but wonder if opposition party members on these committees were reluctant to make corrective changes at the beginning of last (an election) year, knowing that a weakened economy would strengthen the party's call for changes in the White House.

I sometimes question whether members of Congress consider party over country. Not necessarily consciously either ... and that is a scary thought!

A conspiracy would indicate conscious planning and widespread execution. Politicians are not known for either. I mentioned that it might be unconsciously motivated - as a sort of "my party first" imprint that stamps out party dependent politicians, like jello molds.

Strictly a random thought - not an accusation of reality. ;)

I'm having a "wanna get away" moment. Yesterday I sent an e-mail to someone that said something not necessarily mean, but not necessarily nice about someone. She then forwarded the e-mail to the third party, adding her own two cents in a "fit of anger" at the individual (she was mad at him to begin with). I'm horrified and mortified.

But I do learn from my mistakes.

"You know you can see someone out the corner of your eye? One day, months ago, I could tell he was staring so I turned round. He was sitting staring at me with a banana in his mouth, wasn't eating it, just had it sitting in his mouth. That was the most disturbing moment of my life."

One of our work database quips :laughing:

In this case it kinda is. You'd have to live here to really understand why I'd say that.

If he's gay it's his business . That is until it's made it a political issue by the gay community and used as an excuse.

People don't want him to resign because he's gay. They knew that going in. They want him to resign because he outright lied to the public and now the gay community is saying ppl want him out because he's gay.

I don't live in the city but he has embarrassed Oregon as a state and needs to step down.

I LOVE YOU GUYS TOO!....I've been very stressed. I need to get away...I've been thinking of a weekend getaway trip...I saw ads for this nice cozy bed and breakfast not too far from us. Fireplace in the rooms too!, sounds really nice right now....Sounds expensive, but right now I don't care... :P