So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

It is plagiarising. You have to cite things taken from other sources, including yourself. I've read research papers and studies where the author(s) cite their own past work.

Well yeah, if I was publishing a research paper I would do that. But this was a BS 4 page opinion essay that I didn't feel like writing.

You would still have to cite it; I've used unpublished dissertations because some of the ideas are useful in further looking into a subject. Hell, you even have to cite conversations with authorities in the subject. Otherwise, you are writing hearsay without proving the points.

A 4-page BS paper should be easy to write anyway - 4 hours, tops :beatnik:

I believe in guardian angels now more than I ever have in my life. And when the events of the last couple of days have had a chance to blow over and things get back to normal, I will tell the story.

This had better be a good story! You've invested in hyping it up with adverts! :laughing:

I eagerly await the story of the guardian angels

Is it weird that I find someone deleting themself from a private topic like them tearing up a letter and binning it? I don't know why, maybe it's because I can't bring myself to tear up a card from a friend/family (like ever) because I think of the thought that went into it and that it was something between us? :crazy:

Is it weird that I find someone deleting themself from a private topic like them tearing up a letter and binning it? I don't know why, maybe it's because I can't bring myself to tear up a card from a friend/family (like ever) because I think of the thought that went into it and that it was something between us? :crazy:

I know the feeling. It is definitely hard for me to finally decide to discard handwritten notes, cards, and letters. These human gestures are so rare nowadays :beatnik:

I know how you feel E-A, I keep all cards, notes, etc and I still have PT's from when I first joined SF from people who no longer come around. It takes alot before I can "clean-up" old PT's because I don't know how the other person will react. Now I've quit PTing anyone so I don't have to deal with the issue. :tongue:

yeah... I never remove myself from PTs even when everyone else in them is gone. I like to go back and re-read things. Unless, of course, I want to get rid of the person that went with it, as well. In which case, Sue, all PTs you and I have shared are safe forever. :)

I keep all cards, letters, and such also....as for PT's I keep for awhile, if it's not an ongoing PT....I like to clean that up also...I'm a little OCD with things like that...EA maybe your friend accidently deleted it...possible she could of checked off a whole bunch and not realize it????? you should just ask her and say, hey what's up with that? :P

lol nah it's not a big deal :) I still have them, so it is still important to me and I like to do the same with reading them every now and then. I have paper letters from grade school still written by best friends at the time, filled with stickers and as much gossip as 10 year olds can come up with :grin:

High school letters have 2 subjects only: boys and crushes :P

ooo! I used to study handwriting! so long ago I don't remember much, though. I can't write anymore, since I type so much. My signature has gotten so sloppy, where it used to be so neat and perfect. :mad: I'd be almost embarrassed for anyone to see my handwriting these days! :jester:

The thing about some handwriting analyses is that it strictly requires cursive handwriting, of which I very, very rarely do. And if I ever write in cursive, it's at a forced angle leaning to the right; my lettering feels more comfortable when everything aligns slightly to a left angle! AND I can also write without left or right angles. Hahaha.

Signature-wise, I have three different signatures depending on what I am signing: work documents, checks, credit card receipts, etc.

Besides, I used to print everything in "all-caps," although I don't do it as much anymore. I also used to write really "rounded" letters, which I've also stopped (but can still do). I used to write small enough to fit two rows of sentences per college-ruled page line - that stopped, too. Hell, I can do some rudimentary Gothic and Roman uncial, if I have the knib for it. Nowadays, I write in an offbeat way - from far away people think it's a computer font style until they get up close and notice what a mess it really is.

One thing in common is that a lot of this writing align slightly to the left angle :beatnik:

ooo! I used to study handwriting! so long ago I don't remember much, though. I can't write anymore, since I type so much. My signature has gotten so sloppy, where it used to be so neat and perfect. :mad: I'd be almost embarrassed for anyone to see my handwriting these days! :jester:

My handwriting has gotten worse too!....I use to write so nice also....I wonder if it's because I'm more stressed out now than when I was younger...you can see the "stress" in my writing...

My handwriting sucks, and I write my short stories, poetry, etc all long-hand. I print though, so that I'm able to read it when I'm done.

It's interesting reading over my work-in-progress because at the "slow, descriptive" parts of the book my printing is as neat as a typewriter, but during "action" parts (where I must have really gotten into it) the printing gets sloppy :laughing:

I never use cursive handwriting anymore other than signing my name. It's horrific. :crazy:

My handwriting has morphed into all caps printing. I also make captial E's like backwards 3's. This is my dad's handwriting. I don't know for sure when it became my handwriting, but it is exactly the same as his. I find that odd.