So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

Ever thought your whole (bleeping) life was just one big joke created for the insane amusement of the holy three? That all this time they have been playing one big game of chess with your life and now the (bleep) have got bored and have swept you to the floor and left you crawling around in the dust eating dirt and begging for death? No? Me neaither.....

Personally, I found this post to be the most insulting thing I have ever seen posted on these boards :stars: As a matter of fact I find it so offensive I am still considering leaving the site because it seems to suddenly be ok to post this kind of stuff.

I'm not a bible thumper and as a matter of fact my personal religious beliefs would horrify most Christians.

What I'm having a hard time with is that this post and others I've seen posted by this young woman seem to be ok and I seem to be the only one to find them offensive. That is why I'm wondering if I really belong here any longer. If I wanted to read garbage like that I would go to a site that specializes in it.

I thought I could just leave this alone but I guess I can't :puppyeyes:

Edited by Guest
profanity in quoted text

I've always loved that baby!! :D

I copied this from an email I recieved. Some of you may have seen it, but I found it interesting:

" " It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; 'Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?'

Ollie replied, 'Yes, I did, Sir.'

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, 'Isn't that just a little

excessive?'

'No, sir,' continued Ollie.

'No? And why not?' the senator asked.

'Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir.'

'Threatened? By whom?' the senator questioned.

'By a terrorist, sir' Ollie answered.

'Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?'

'His name is Osama bin Laden, sir' Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?' the senator asked.

'Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of', Ollie answered.

'And what do you recommend we do about him?' asked the senator.

'Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth.'

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore! ""

The funny thing is I actually DO remember this exact conversation, about the security system. I watched all those hearings back then, I was a stay at home mom with small children. Strange how things work out, huh?

This is freaky you post this now, Lucky!

I worked in a very small radio station back then and one of the many duties I had was to tie together weekday news stories for extended "week-in-review" features, since the news "department" (one guy) had the weekends off. I watched that exchange between Gore and North from video tape of that week and opted not to include that part in the review because I thought North was covering up his own excesses.

The reason I initially said your post was freaky is that just two days ago, I exchanged emails with a good friend in the states and made reference to that mirky recollection (it was 20 years ago!) and said at the end ... "at least that's how I THINK it went." You just confirmed this old man's memory and also reminded me of how badly North was villified by the Dems in Congress and much of the press, for just trying to do his job as best he could.