Announcements

edna

It's that time again...I will be camping from Sept 1 thru the 4th...(my birthday!)...anyways our supervisor gave us our itinerary...

First day/night...Water Wars with water balloons and squirt guns.....Pizza Party and Variety Show...Yes she volunteered our house to do some sort of skit...I think it involves dressing like Cyndi Lauper and lip syncing to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.... :crazy:

2nd day...Softball Game...(I get to hit!)..We are to wear our favorite sports T shirt...Staff against Management.....Star Gazing and making smores!...and camp fire sing a long...

3rd day...Hiking during the day and then the 60's dance....We will have a DJ, and we have to wear our favorite 60's fashion that night..

4th day...Pack up and go home!

Sounds like Woodstock revisited.

While , without a doubt , America shouldered most of the cost and involved a large amount of equipment and manpower , I think vets from Britain , Poland , Canada , Australia , the Free French , etc. may feel a little left out by your gratefulness .

I already thanked them all on Facebook... :cool: mainly the Spaniards (Republicans), who are still offended for being excluded from the Marshall Plan.

Indeed . The first REAL fight against fascism has been largely lost to memory , as it just wasn't 'sexy' enough history - and a little too 'Red' , or the proportions of the conflict were too small, I guess . :puppyeyes:

The entire month of August, I have been having an exposition of 88 of my photos (the most I've ever shown to the public) at Solar do Rosario, one of the best known art galleries in this city of 3 million. The theme is The City Of Curitiba and Those Who Work To Make Her Better.

Our television equivalent to E! News did an interview with me, my wife and the gallery director to kick off the show earlier this month. It is now on YouTube here. The exhibition portion doesn't start until :55 seconds into the piece.

So far I have sold 4 pieces, one (shown at 1:40 of the clip) to Vera Holtz, a fairly big time Brazilian movie/TV star visiting Curitiba from Rio. When she was walking through the gallery you could hear the buzz. She was very kind in her words about my collection being shown.

I have also gotten invitations by other gallery owners to show in two more venues over the next 6 months. That's what it takes to get exposure.