Announcements

edna

It's over 2,000 miles (3400 kilo) away though and I never get enough time off.

Kenne, take enough time. How much time do you need? A if you can't do any better 3 or 4 days will work. I don't mean to lecture, but it's important, for you both. When I lost my oldest son a year ago, we already hadn't seen each other for a year. You just never know what life is going to hand out. Go see your mom when ever you can. You'll be surprised at how good it makes you feel. No one will ever care for you like your mom does. :puppyeyes:

I'm back!....And it looks like we brought the Mets some luck!...Loved the stadium, but I did not like riding the subway at all....ran into a few problems during the trip, along with a drunken psycho tour guide from hell!....but over all we did end up having a good time....I loved NYC, but I don't think Hubby cared for it too much, but he did enjoy seeing a Mets game at Citi-Field...Oh and seeing them win a game too.... :P

I'm back!....And it looks like we brought the Mets some luck!...Loved the stadium, but I did not like riding the subway at all....ran into a few problems during the trip, along with a drunken psycho tour guide from hell!....but over all we did end up having a good time....I loved NYC, but I don't think Hubby cared for it too much, but he did enjoy seeing a Mets game at Citi-Field...Oh and seeing them win a game too.... :P

There's a lot of culture shock at first, but you get used to it...even the subway. Glad you enjoyed it and that the Mets won...

LOL...so true Joe...When we returned from the game we lost our tour guide somewhere in Times Square...He had a few too many, and was way too fast for the group...A few managed to stick with him, but a few of us had no idea where he went...It was getting close to the time we needed to go to The Port Authority to get our bus. The itinerary he gave us had no gate # written on it...Earlier he said "Oh if we happen to split up, all the info is on your itinerary"...We managed to find where The bus station was, but of course there's nobody in the Information Booth...except for a couple people hanging around the outside of it....Hubby and the friend we were with were tired so they sat down to rest....I must of looked frazzled...LOL..some guy asked "You need some help finding something"...I said Yeah "I have no idea where my drunken tour guide is, and I need to find my gate #"....He said "Come with me, I'll show you"....okay I was a little nervous at first, coz this guy wasn't even a worker there...but he did show me where the Trailways info was....Then he says "Can you find your way back upstairs okay?"....I said "No, stay right there!"....LOL...he says "Okay, Okay...I'll wait and show you the way back"...

And then...

there's absolutely no chairs or benches to sit on...just one waiting area for the bus had some seats there...Hubby goes to get coffee and the Port Authority Police asked me if I have my bus ticket, and I can't sit here unless I have one...I said, "no our tour guide has them, and I have no idea where he is!"....I showed him my itinerary for the trip, and I guess that was okay with him....Geeesh...

The only thing I know about Bastille Day is that it's an awesome Rush song.

Anyways, I made it to Maryland, which I suppose is my new home state. Although, I'll be at school most of the time, which is in Indiana, and I feel more at home there than I do at home, so...

Still a Seahawks fan, from my days in Seattle. Although I have always been a little fond of those two teams, since a lot of family is from this area so they all root for them. But in the end, the Seahawks are my team.

I'm ready to go back to Notre Dame. Just about 5 weeks now!