Sign in to follow this  
rockstar-101

Cover Songs

Rockstar...welcome to Songfacts!

So when you say "new" do you mean songs that are recent covers, or cover songs of all time?....because that could be quite a long list....

I guess it doesn't matter but I do like hearing more recent bands doing covers over classic rock songs; for example I found the Vines version of Paint it Black and The Caesars version of Don't Fear the Reaper.

Hi, Rockstar, welcome! :cool: Listen to "Hush" (Deep Purple) and "Ballad of a thin man" (Dylan) by Kula Shaker. Anyways, the young wing will be here soon and can give you better info...

None of this is exactly "new".

I Thank You -- ZZ Top's version is different enough from the Sam & Dave original to stand on it's own. Sam & Dave had a hit single, backed with Wrap It Up , which, in turn, was covered fabulously by The Fabulous Thunderbirds.

The Black Crowes' Hard To Handle is a passable cover of the song originally cooked to perfection by Otis Redding.

Here's a thread with some discussion of song covers.

I think Edna covered what I would have said :grin: :thumbsup: Thanks ji :bow:

Yes, Radhi introduced me into Kula Shaker :bow: :bow: :bow: (the bows are for Radhi... ;) )

Cake also makes good covers. "I will survive" -Gloria Gaynor´s is the bet- is pretty good. And I know they cover other songs.

Smashmouth make a copy of "Why can´t b we friends" and "I´m a believer".

an irish girl called paula flynn just brought out a cover of bowie's 'let's dance' which is pretty cool, if a little derivative of novelle vague! she has a myspace page where you can hear a clip of it!

The Lemonheads did a few covers. Their first single was a cover of Suzanne Vega's song Luka. And their version of Mrs. Robinson is very popular too. Apart from that Evan Dando (lead singer) also did a cover of Knowing Me, Knowing You for an ABBA Tribute album. :)

Not new, but a couple favorites of mine

Heard It Through The Grapevine...Creedence Clearwater Revival

Feeling Alright, With A Little Help From My Friends, and many other songs Joe Cocker has covered...

Here's a tiny list"

Mad World - Gary Jules

Sacrifice - Sinead O' Connor

Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by both Israel Kamakawiwo'ole and Aselin Debison

Roadhouse Blues - Crystal Method

Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy

I leave it up to you for the originals:)

How about Shatner's version of "Rocket Man"? Or Celine Dion's rendition of "You Shook Me All Night Long"? Two of the WORST covers ever attempted! (they should be shot!)