Keith says "Don't Yell At Me"

Lucky

KEITH RICHARDS DOESN'T LIKE HIP-HOP SONGS YELLING AT HIM

Keith Richards took time out of a recent interview to knock hip-hop. Richards was interviewed for Rolling Stone's latest 40th anniversary issue and said that, "Hip-hop leaves me cold. But there are some people out there who think it's the meaning of life."

When pressed by the interviewer who claimed it was "like the new rock and roll," Richards answered that, "Yeah, but rock and roll had songs. I mean, I don't wanna be yelled at; I wanna be sung to. I never really understood why someone would want to have some gangster from L.A. poking his fingers in your face. As I say, it don't grab me. I mean the rhythms are boring; they're all done on computers."

The Rolling Stones kick off a series of European dates on June 5th in Werchter, Belgium. Their tour wraps up in late August.

On June 12th, the Stones will release their latest live DVD package, called The Biggest Bang, exclusively through Best Buy stores. The four-disc set features over seven hours of music, interviews, and live performances taped last year in Austin, Texas and Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.

Copyright © 2001-2007 Emmis Interactive/St. Louis

On June 12th, the Stones will release their latest live DVD package, called The Biggest Bang, exclusively through Best Buy stores. The four-disc set features over seven hours of music, interviews, and live performances taped last year in Austin, Texas and Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.

Everybody get the Austin DVD and look for me! :cool:

I totally agree with Keith about the lack of musicality in hip hop and have long wondered why the genre's most popular rapping style always seems to conjure hatred, violence and intolerance. But after reading, "I don't wanna be yelled at ... (or) ... want to have some gangster from L.A. poking his fingers in your face," I couldn't help but smile when recalling the negativity from my parents reacting to the Stones sneering from the TV, "Hey! You! Get off of my cloud!!"

I've backed alot of losers , played the part myself , and couldn't/ wouldn't pick a winner in my time: too 'Wall Street ' - but THAT makes me feel slightly vindicated and it was all worthwhile . Thanks, Keef ! Mind the coconuts... :)

P.S. What out for 50 cent and the rest - you may be asking for a bullet to make that music more 'credible ' . :P There just ain't no place for a rich hip-hop 'fightin' star ... 'cause - they believe in squat but bucks .