Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, I heard about the cover thing (first time I heard the song though) - it's part of some project: each band covered some songs of the other one...

but I fully agree that the Helden's version is much better ;)

and I think with it you get the gist of the lyrical meaning ;)

if not, there's a cool site with English translations here

"Guten Tag" (lit. "Good Day") is a simple polite greeting, the kind you'd use eg to greet the salesperson in a shop ;):)

PS probably 10 points from me :thumbsup:

I knew about the "Good Day" part, but I just want to sing along to that tune so badly and it's hard to sing along to a language you don't know! :laughing:

Thanks alot for the link, it helped alot! :thumbsup:

So that gives it 20 points... :wink:

Edited by Guest
had to total the points I'd rack up...

I'd like to nominate "One Tin Soldier" by Coven. I know that we vote by song not video but I'd like to post this video along with the song, just because it illustrates the lyrics so well. The song works with the situations of world so well now. This is by no means a political statement, but, be warned, it is rather graphic:

One Tin Soldier ~ Coven

Otherwise, I can post the clip from the movie itself. Bad acting, schmaltzy, but it had a lovely premise, and was a cult classic of our times:

Movie Clip

Oh yeah, "Billy Jack" is a classic!! However, its predecessor, "Born Losers", and its sequels, "The Trial Of Billy Jack" and "Billy Jack Goes To Washington", were absolute bombs! Tom Laughlin....he's no William Zabka.

But I did get a kick out of "Born Losers"; it was just so absurd I couldn't help but laugh a little bit. And the acting...horrendous!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :thumbsup: :thumbsdown: