Songfacts on Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, and Lastfm!!

Earth-Angel

No Seek, you're getting me right. I'm confused, then. I thought the whole purpose of having this Songfacts-last.fm was so we, as the SF community, could add songs to the SF list as OUR list. But I can't do it unless I have a password?

Maybe I should leave it alone. It'll take me too long to figure it out anyway. I'm not terribly computer-savvy.

well, every user has to have a password...

BUT I don't know if you noticed it - there's also a group called songfacts, which has charts of every member :)

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this in the FAQ section at the bottom the the last.fm page:

To untag an item, simply perform the following,

Go to the page of the item you wish to remove the tag from.

Click on the "Tag this item" button you should see present on the page

In the text field with your tags name in it, remove the tag want deleted

Save the changes

Once done, the item will no longer be tagged.

Respectively, to remove a tag, perform the above for all the items on the tag, and the tag will then be deleted.

:sleepy:

An entry in FAQ on How Charts Work:

Once a group has 10 or more members, you'll find that your group will start to have a chart generated. The way that these charts work is that every "1" will represent a group member.

For example, say you have 3 people in your group listen to Radiohead that week, the chart will be 3, and not the number of times that the three of them listened to Radiohead. This helps prevent the skewing of charts by a single group member who leaves a single artist or album on repeat for extended periods of time.

I'd wondered about this, but filed it under "things I'll find out later." So get as many folk to play, say, Slim Whitman, if you want top the group chart. :sleepy:

How are those charts calculated, by the way? The SF group ones I mean... by calculating how many members listened to the band or song in question?

Exactly. The number of times a person listens to a song or group has no effect on the Songfacts playlist, but it does effect their own playlist (as far as I know).

after reading through the thread in the link, most people think that it's a bug, not some hacker who did it on purpose...

but just to be sure it could be a good idea to change your password...

I dunno if the week's charts get affected by you deleting the songs :P

the worst that can happen is that you have to suffer with this #1 for one week...

I added a friend to the list, dropped by their web page and was astounded to see the musicians/artists we had in common. (I don't recall playing their music lately.) A long while back, if one had listed a birthday/age in your profile, strange numbers came up. (I'm 18? Well, sign me up for a Tiger Beat subscription!) I'm amazed that those London folk can keep some of the site data straight, and chuckle at the occasional hiccup. :jester:

I think we are all trying to get the hang of it. I just tried to listen to a whole song and it gave me a snippet. Now I'm angry because snippets are NOT satisfying. :beady:

Yeah, unsurprisingly most bands/artists only allow snippets on last.fm. Remember that if the words"full track" aren't printed next to the song, black play buttons indicate full tracks, and grey play buttons indicate snippets.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find some great bands and artists who provide full tracks and videos. :grin:

EDIT: Hey, look at who also has lots of videos! :)

Edited by Guest