Rayzor

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[smaller]K-9 With A Bullet for 400[/smaller]

The concept and title for this mid-1960s hit single originated with something the composer/producer's mother had said about dogs.

You cats aren't even in the right dog park.

In fairness, the title does not deal directly with dogs, but rather with the terminology[big]*[/big] the composer/co-writer had heard from his mom when he was a child.

[big]*[/big]Meaning "intuitive signal about a person or thing" was popular late 1960s, but has been recorded as far back as 1899.

_[smaller]Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper[/smaller]

No No No No! Bad Dogs!

Let's try a revised Jeopardy! answer:

[smaller]A Boy and His Dogma for 800[/smaller]

His mother told him that dogs could pick up signals from people, so that the dog would bark at the "bad" resonances. In this song, the composer expanded that general concept into the idea of people being able to do the same with positive emotions.

who-ray7.gif[big] Got it, edna![/big]

Think I overdid it trying to make that one tricky.

[smaller]from Good Vibratioms - Wikipedia :[/smaller]

" Wilson recounted the genesis of the title Good Vibrations in his 1995 biopic, I Just Wasn't Made for These Times, and at other times. When he was a child, his mother told him that dogs could pick up 'vibrations' from people, so that the dog would bark at 'bad vibrations'. Wilson turned this into the general idea of vibrations (and Mike Love putting 'good' in front of vibrations), and developed the idea of people being able to do the same with emotions."

Master Sir Bazooka, it must have been telepathy... :bow: :bow:

something made me think of that song... it did ring a bell... maybe I read about it and forgot... (or maybe was it your explanation?)

wow, it was tough... :P

...give me some hours, please... :cool:

In 1975, this song by a famous singer/songwriter was banned in Spain.

What is "Cortez the Killer" by Neil Young,

"which was banned because it's about Hernon Cortez, the Spanish conqueror of the Aztec Empire who is regarded as a hero in Spain"

Really?? :shades: I lived in France in 1975 but I went to Spain in the spring of 76 and bought my "Zuma" there (I mean, here, in Spain :grin: ) I still have it and the song "Cortez The Killer" is included in the album. It even had the lyrics on it... and I also heard it on the radio in these days... :P