Rayzor

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who is Larry Taylor?

[smaller]I'm curious about the "two famous American bands". He was a member of Canned Heat, and did session work with other artists, notably The Monkees. He was with John Mayall after Mayall moved to the US (but do the latter day Bluesbreakers qualify as an "American" band).[/smaller]

You're right :thumbsup:

I'm curious about the "two famous American bands". He was a member of Canned Heat, and did session work with other artists, notably The Monkees. He was with John Mayall after Mayall moved to the US (but do the latter day Bluesbreakers qualify as an "American" band).

You're right too... :doh: The Bluesbreakers were a British band, of course... A slip of the brain, sorry... :bow:

[smaller]Unrelated Outbreaks for 400[/smaller]

This late Country music (& Pop crossover) singer started as half of a "Sisters" act with a high school friend who had the same last name, although they weren't related. In the early 70s, she was ostracized from the Grand Ole Opry for more than a year over comments considered "political" by the management.

Awww, come on, Bazooka. What's not to like there there?

Alex would have said close enough by now, don'cha think. :P

Just kidding. I don't like close enough. I'm still working on it.

Maybe the others have the answer for this one. I've only been going by my memory of mid '60s hits. I might have to bring out the big gun (google) soon, unless someone gets it in the meantime.

You're barking up the wrong tree with those titles, Dawg.

This has to do with how Mama described the inadvertant emotional signals humans give to animals. The term is in much wider use today, most likely due directly to this song.

There's a roundabout hint, edna. I don't want to lay it in your lap.