What sweetens your coffee today II

Henry David

What sweetens my evening is that I have a son I can be proud of. My son and his friends got jumped tonight - 7 against 4 - and 3 of them got knocked around a good bit. The cops were called, my son had his first (and hopefully last) ride in the back of a squad car, and I nearly lost my sanity (but that's another story). The upshot is that the cop told me my son was well behaved and didn't talk back to him like most kids apparently do.

The downside is my son was one of the ones who got knocked around, and his phone was stolen right out of his hand. Plus, well, they were jumped. I suppose that all belongs in the "pickled gherkin" thread, but I don't feel like doing all that more writing.

Have I mentioned lately that I live in the 'hood? :puppyeyes:

It was interesting to me, Marc... the one cop who talked to me was the one who brought the kids to me in his squad car. When the other kid's folks showed up, they immediately went after the cop saying, "My kid didn't do anything! These kids never get into trouble unless someone else starts it..." etc. etc. The cop took on this thousand yard stare into nothing and responded, "Yeah, okay, okay." Then when they left he turned to me and said, "I can see where their kid gets his attitude from."

They had a reason. Robbery. Shawna, that officer's reaction is due to soooo many people failing to take responsibility for their actions and the lack of training in their kids. It is anyones fault but theirs. The thing that is hardest for me is that we can not say what I really think about someone and their lame excuses. I am not alone in that feeling. Good job Shawna, your kid will be OK.

Oh Shawna...that's very scary...I'm glad you're son is okay....

Now, what sweetened my coffee this morning was I actually found a pink David Wright NY Mets T-shirt in my size!!!!!last time I looked they didn't have any medium sizes in pink....whooohooo...I"m a very happy camper today... :)

The only hood story Shawna knows about is the story of the girl that saw her grandmother become a wolf

if only it were that pretty, Muzik. :crazy:

In this case, the "jumping" seemed to have no point. One kid started beating on my son's friend, so my son and his friend went to break it up, and the other kids' 6 friends showed up and it turned into quite a melee. My son and his friends split up and ran, and the other kids chased my son in a car, stopped, got out and grabbed my son's phone when it started to ring, and then started throwing punches again.

I'm so thankful none of them had a gun.

Shawna, sorry for what happened. It seems like it´s a kid´s thing to get into a fight once or twice or maybe more in their lives. In this case, it was more than this. Chasing a kid with a car, stealing his cell pone and so... those othr kids should be in trouble for what they did. I´m glad your son and his friend were not hurt. My friends sometimes had fights when they were his age, though they avoided those situations, we were pacific people in the early seventies... but what if some violent kids went after them? Bad...

My nephew is 16 and we know that can happen at any time too.