What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, my town hasn't had a home high school football game in 8 seasons. The county owned field was found to be located on a site that was polluted by a factory that was on the site 80 years ago.

The county took all this time to clean the soil and replace the field...only they replaced it with no bleachers...no where to sit! The scoreboard is inoperable, the field house condemned, no bathrooms...

This is a fairly affluent town, we should be able to afford better and not be controlled by the county. With this said, the team has seven home games scheduled and the first scrimmage there tomorrow (bring folding chairs!)

So now...a potential savior steps in to help. Our town wants to build our own sports complex on our own property. Obviously this costs lots of money. Zygi Wilf, the owner of the Minnesota Vikings lives in my town and word is he may bankroll the project. He has donated money for playgrounds, etc. in the past. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zygi_Wilf

What grinds my gears are the people in town who feel the need to attack this guy because he is a businessman and may have a business agenda to what he does....OF COURSE HE DOES!!!!...he is a successful businessman and maybe this gesture buys him goodwill, maybe some zoning gets pushed through....who cares....others have donated money to their college, church, town, etc. to get their name on a building....why attack a guy for doing something he doesn't have to do and will help the town for years to come???