What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

Get a cheaper text message scheme. It's all I use my phone for so I have it on a scheme that lets me send messages at 1/15th the cost. and my call rates are halved.

I did that - unfortunately, it was too late to alleviate this particular bill. I had no clue he was sending/receiving that many texts. I kept telling him to keep an eye on it and he kept saying, "I am, Mom, I'm way under the limit." Ah-ha.

From now on - and only because the phone company can't block incoming texts - he's getting unlimited texting for $15 a month. And he's footing the bill.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, that´s how it works here too. They can block any number and leave the phone with just two or three possibilities. Some people do it for their kids, mainly divorced parents who don´t want their ex to use the kids phone; I knew a kid who only had two options: mom and dad...

I need to call my provider, I have someone who calls that I want to block, hope they can do that for me, I don't want to change my number.

this is directly from the Verizon Wireless Web site:

How can I block a specific or restricted number from calling me?

Sorry, we do not offer this service at this time.

AAAAARGH theres a wedding going on at the neighbours, and they have NO taste in music... I'm seriously considering pointing my guitar amp out the window and testing it's noise making capacity...

Fool (I like calling you that, no reflection meant on you! :) ), we used to have a neighbor that bought old lawn mowers and refurbished them for resale. He would run them for hours on end testing them. We got so fed up, we consulted the police, and were told that as long as he did it during daylight hours, it was not a problem.

We retaliated. We had an excellent stereo system (this was in the early 80's) complete with huge 4 foot box speakers. We set them outside (our other neighbors were in on it) and blasted AC/DC and similar types all day. He got the message. ;)

and something that grinds my gears...

People with delusions of grandeur, giving more weight to their 'so called' authority than reality calls for, that make decisions that are personally gratifying as opposed to being for the betterment of the whole.

Musical interlude...

Stormy Monday - T-Bone Walker ---> Bobby Blue Bland...then the Allman Bros. at Fillmore East '71

They call it stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad

They call it stormy Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad

Wednesday's worse, and Thursday's also sad

Yes the eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play

Eagle flies on Friday, and Saturday I go out to play

Sunday I go to church, then I kneel down and pray

Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy on me

Lord have mercy, my heart's in misery

Crazy about my baby, yes, send her back to me

and something that grinds my gears...

People with delusions of grandeur, giving more weight to their 'so called' authority than reality calls for, that make decisions that are personally gratifying as opposed to being for the betterment of the whole.

Wha'cho talkin' ' bout , Willis ?! That could be just about anyone here - or anywhere !

Duck ! Tomato ! :laughing: :laughing: