What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some stupid lady parked her car behind mine yesterday while I was at my girl's place. Apparently she has had that guest spot reserved, though there is no sign stating so. Then she came outside and watched me as I couldn't leave and did nothing about it. I reported the incident to the non-emergency police number and waited over an hour for them, after getting fed up with that, I called the manager and had her make the tenant pull the car behind so I could relocate it. I now regret that decision.

19c2f00b23e5fda1477670365661d17d.jpg

why do you regret it?

I regret calling the manager instead of waiting for the police to check it out.

Her boyfriend (who lied and said he didn't know who's car it was) told me that only the manager could have it towed and that the police couldn't issue her a ticket since it was on private property. I am still trying to find out if there is any truth to that.

I regret calling the manager instead of waiting for the police to check it out.

Her boyfriend (who lied and said he didn't know who's car it was) told me that only the manager could have it towed and that the police couldn't issue her a ticket since it was on private property. I am still trying to find out if there is any truth to that.

The guy was right and you were also right to contact the management to see about who owns the offending vehicle. If nobody would've answered within a reasonable amount of time (at least one hour), then they should call to have the s**tbox towed away :beatnik:

here's what grinds my gears, and saddened me so horribly on Friday that it's been 5 days before I can finally say anything about it.

First time in my life I had a cat commit suicide by running under my car Friday. Well, we don't know that it was actually killed, because we didn't see it on the road afterward, or the next day, or at all. But I know it went under my car and I cried for hours worried that it was injured and suffering.

Then another cat attempted the same fate later when I was on my way home from taking my kid to work. And yet another one even later when I was on my way home from picking my kid up from work. And then Saturday morning, on our way to my kid's work again, there was yet a 4th cat that hadn't been so lucky, lying on the road.

What the hell was it about Friday night? The moon wasn't even full.

I may never completely get over that whole experience. I still get sad. :(

Do you think the cat deliberately ran under the car?

no, but I didn't deliberately hit it, either.

It was just weird to me that in a single night, 3 cats run in front of me, and then a fourth obviously got hit by someone else just up the street. Except for birds, animals never run in front of me, so it was a new - and not at all good - experience.

It's cool to live in the Third World... :cool: mainly when the weather is sweet... though these days it's a frozen hell here :shades:

...but I hate it when I have to deal with the electricity suppliers :stars: Spain shouldn't be considered as a part of Europe...

Hahaha. They'd have me fooled in spain. The first time I heard someone refer to me as a "tercermundista"/"sudaca" was from spaniards... but... but I have reliable electricity, Internet, television, water, and trash service at my place! :beatnik:

My good friend took a bunch of prescription pills yesterday and never woke up. I'm devastated.

R.I.P. buddy, I'll miss you.

Oh, man. That's a bad situation I fear to ever experience.

This pales in comparison, but due to a clerical error with the dmv my driver's license has been suspended. The only way to rectify their error is to have a hearing with one of their officers in one week... which means I will lose a week of work, my mother will lose a day of work, and, depending on the officer's disposition, I may not get my license back in a month or two. I can pretty much lose my job, lose my chance at graduating this semester from school, and have whatever's left of my life in ruins. They pretty much treated me like a criminal and I did nothing :beatnik: