What grinds your gears then?

Henry David

I have been seeing lots of people lately, it´s a very "social" week... I have a dinner tonight with a friend, we´re going to his place and I guess we´ll be home quite late. And part of the young family to see this afternoon. And every day, people and more people.

I need some time for myself... :P

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What grinds my gears is that I took the time this morning to c u r l my hair into a glorious mane only to realize that this is the most humid day we've had this year. I look like a more fro'ed but less mulletted Richard Marx.

I had to separate the word c u r l because it gave me the "forbidden request" warning again. What is up with this site and hair? Does Nikos Dimopoulos have receding hairline issues?

So I just got back from the interview. I probably got the stupid job. I applied for a freaking part time job, and this guy tells me there's a good chance I'll be working 12 hours days 4 times a week. That's at least 48 hours a week. I don't know what his definition of part time is. Normally I would've said f*** off, but nowhere else I've applied to has contacted me back. I don't even want a damn job, my parents are forcing me to get one. I don't need any money. Not that I'd mind working, but I do mind being forced into this bs job.

So much for this summer.

I know I may be out of bounds here, but....

Tim, if you don't need the money I say screw working 48 hrs./wk.

I wouldn't trade my 17th summer (18th really, I suppose) for anything. I worked 28 hrs a week when I was 17 and that gave me all the money I needed to have a good time. And I had a helluva good time. I couldn't have done that if I'd been working 40 or more hours per week.

Don't do it. Enjoy your summer, your friends, the girls, the beach, whatever. There's time enough for 48 hr. work weeks down the line. Believe me.

Like what? I was out in the fresh country air. I was working with animals. I had fun joking with my uncle and grandfather. The best days of my life were spent working on the farm. Great food too!! :grin:

I didn't have many (if any) friends back home so I didn't mind working my summer away. :crazy: