3. Mr. Jones ~ Counting Crows

4. Tears Of A Clown ~ Smokey Robinson

5. Pleasant Valley Sunday ~ Monkees

6. Everything You Want ~ Vertical Horizon

7. Isn't It Time ~ Babys

8. Third Rate Romance ~ Amazing Rhythm Aces

9. All I Have To Do ~ Everly Brothers

10. Eli's Coming ~ Three Dog Night

I'm too lazy to go through the entire list on YouTube this week, so here's just what I came up with.

1: Ask DNA - Yoko Kanno

2: The Real Folk Blues - Yoko Kanno (sorry :P)

3: Eli's Coming - Three Dog Night

4: Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden

5: Ticket To Ride - The Beatles

6: High Hopes - Pink Floyd

7: In My Place - Coldplay

8: Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon

9: Heroes - David Bowie

10: Albuquerque - Weird Al

JUST Kevin to VOTE. Farin's a great guy, but he's too easy on you Mate.

Someone has to kick ass. ;)

No, I know you have trouble getting access to the computer at times, so we hope you make it OK.

Wasn't I clever making Farin my "apprentice". He's passed with Distinction !

(and not forgetting every one else who's helped make our Top Tens a success.

I guess that's all of you).

:)

seems that Kevin doesn't want to vote or isn't able to do so... :crazy: (or he forgot? ;))

well here's the Top Ten with a surprise #1 ( ;) )

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #31 for the week ending 24th September 2006

1. Ticket To Ride - The Beatles (1965)

2. Heroes - David Bowie (1977)

3. Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2 (1983)

4. High Hopes - Pink Floyd (1994)

5. All I have To Do Is Dream - The Everly Brothers (1958)

6. Tears of a Clown - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles (1967)

7. Walk On The Wild Side - Lou Reed (1972)

8. Show Me The Way - Peter Frampton (1975)

9. Eli's Coming - Three Dog Night (1969)

10.Wichita Lineman - Glen Campbell (1968)

:headphones:

Thank you, thank you--and may I mention that this is the second time in a row?

Oh, please, no more applause...yes, thank you, thank you!

It just makes me think about whether I should nominate something more obscure next time. (this might sound silly depending on how you choose to interpret it) :crazy:

There are (probably quite literally) millions of songs to choose from, y'know? I think you could nominate from outside "the top 10 most famous/popular/"credible" artists in the history of rock and pop" without necessarily going "obscure". :shades:

But then, what do I know? Neither of my nominations got a single vote from anybody (except myself) this time round... :o :crazy:

There are (probably quite literally) millions of songs to choose from, y'know? I think you could nominate from outside "the top 10 most famous/popular/"credible" artists in the history of rock and pop" without necessarily going "obscure". :shades:

I agree blind-fitter,

it's a no-brainer to choose a song by the Beatles, Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Who, CCR and the rest of the top five ---> ten most popular artists or groups.

You all know that I think this is a contentious issue. :P

I was giving giving the 'youngsters' a bit of a serve about Led Zeppelin (and others) last Top Ten.

When I noticed that a Top Beatles' song had been nominated this time by CanAm, I PT'd him and asked him to change it, because it was the same situation.

Being the gentleman that he is, he agreed instantly, and asked me to change it to 'Rock And Roll Never Forgets' by Bob Seger.

Now it's MY FAULT that didn't happen. I couldn't contact Farin soon enough and voting had already started, so we let it go.

:blush:

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME HERE ! THIS IS NOT MEANT TO UPSET ANYONE. I BELIEVE WE HAVE A GOOD THING GOING WITH OUR TOP TEN AND I DON'T WANT IT TO SELF DESTRUCT. MORE IMPORTANTLY, I DON'T WANT TO HURT ANYONE'S FEELINGS.

I think we have to acknowledge that there's a big gap between MEGA HIT Nominations and FAIRLY OBSCURE Nominations.

Farin and I have been talking about the situation

and we feel there's got to be a compromise somewhere.

Here's our proposal:

* Make nominations for the next Top Ten #32 open to any artists/songs within our Rules. NOT a SUPER Top Ten - we've abandoned that idea.

* Make nominations for the one after, #33, open only to artists who haven't had a #1 in OUR TOP TEN. Those Artists who have will be all shown in red in the "Every Song That's Made Our Top Ten" Thread.

I proposed that once before, but I don't believe I worded it very well.

Let's take our Current Top Ten as an example. Out of 54 Nominations, only 2 Artists nominated, The Beatles and Pink Floyd, had been #1 on OUR TOP TENS before. So if 'Ticket To Ride' and 'High Hopes' hadn't made it, "Black Hole Sun' and 'Vincent' would have been #9 and #10 - still a very good Top Ten!

PLEASE GIVE YOUR SUPPORT TO THE NEXT TWO TOP TENS !!!

WE CAN REVIEW IT AGAIN AFTER THEM IF NECESSARY.

THANKS EVERYONE. :)

Quite a few years ago I heard in an interview with Smokey Robinson that "Tears Of A Clown" was his least favorite of all the songs he's written. He thought it was too formulaic and didn't even want to record it, so he was disappointed that it was #1 and a fan favorite, because he hated performing it.

Of course I couldn't find anything on the Internet to support my memory. So maybe I'm just making stuff up.

I'd just like to say that we are being a bunch of typical human beings obsessed with trivial issues. It is a mountain out of molehill situation.

There is no need to stop or prevent or reduce nominations by any band just because it is 'bigger'. Classic bands have been around longer, are known by more people and therefore have a greater probability of getting votes. It's no fault of theirs. And it's no fault of the nominators either.

And if they are coming under fire, it is because they are more visible. Everyone recognises a Beatles song so it will get more votes and you know what? Maybe it deserves them!

I just think the whole list business is becoming unnecessarily complicated.