The Songfactors' Choice Top #31

Farin

There are (probably quite literally) millions of songs to choose from, y'know? I think you could nominate from outside "the top 10 most famous/popular/"credible" artists in the history of rock and pop" without necessarily going "obscure". :shades:

I guess I shouldn't have said obscure, and I agree with you.

It's not like I nominate David Bowie or the Doors because I want to get votes, but because I like those songs, but it looks...a bit...funny. Maybe it's only me, but that's what I think. I don't want to start a huge discussion now.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback and support gang !!!

SO

Top Ten #32: We nominate ANY songs within our normal rules and we don't feel guilty about our choices. They can be CLASSIC ROCK Hits/ Album Tracks that sold a zillion copies.

Personally I'm going to make my first nomination a Classic and the second will be 'Ring Of Fire' / Johnny Cash ( but I think that's a Classic of its genre too).

The following Top Ten #33: We nominate songs within our normal rules, but we add a temporary extra rule to exclude nominations of songs by any Artists who've made #1 on our Top Tens. (We might even print up a list at the start of the Thread so there's no confusion).

WE HOPE EVERYONE WILL PARTICIPATE !

WE'RE TRYING HARD TO MAKE THIS WORK.

:headphones:

Variety being the spice of life, I say "Bring It On!"

I don't see why it should be "tepid" at all. :confused:

There are 50 years of rock and pop to go at. I think anybody who regards The Beatles, Stones, The Who, Zep, Floyd, Dylan et al as having an absolute monopoly on great music created during that time must have led a pretty sheltered life, to be quite honest...

The following Top Ten #33: We nominate songs within our normal rules, but we add a temporary extra rule to exclude nominations of songs by any Artists who've made #1 on our Top Tens. (We might even print up a list at the start of the Thread so there's no confusion).

WE HOPE EVERYONE WILL PARTICIPATE !

WE'RE TRYING HARD TO MAKE THIS WORK.

:headphones:

I think it would be fun!

Thanks Dappled ! Farin has started #32 now, so just to recap.....

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #31 for the week ending 24th September 2006

1. Ticket To Ride - The Beatles (1965)

2. Heroes - David Bowie (1977)

3. Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2 (1983)

4. High Hopes - Pink Floyd (1994)

5. All I have To Do Is Dream - The Everly Brothers (1958)

6. Tears of a Clown - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles (1967)

7. Walk On The Wild Side - Lou Reed (1972)

8. Show Me The Way - Peter Frampton (1975)

9. Eli's Coming - Three Dog Night (1969)

10.Wichita Lineman - Glen Campbell (1968)