Stupid sayings that don't make sense

Mike

Tuna fish. Of course tuna is a fish. I have not heard of tuna anything else. Why be redundant?

There is also a similar one that is more stupid - "Koala Bear". For the last time, as pretty much any Australian can tell you, Koala's aren't bears.

I also hate unnecessary extensions. "ATM Machine" means "Automatic Teller Machine Machine", and "PIN Number" means "Personal Identification Number Number".

Similarly, "First year anniversary" - you don't need to say year, that is already implied. "Six month anniversary" doesn't make sense at all.

"I could care less."

That one makes me NUTS. Using this verbiage means that you care so much there is ample room for you to care less about soemthing.

The correct saying is "I couldn't care less," thereby stating that you care so little about something there is no room for you to care less about it.

speaking of letters...

Including the words "don't hesitate to call" in any business letter is ridiculous. I picture someone picking up the phone, putting it down, picking it up, putting it down, "should I?" "should I not?"

Also, "enclosed please find." Like it's a challenge. Okay... so I'm going to go diving in the envelope in search of something, hoping I'll find it. Duh.

speaking of letters...

Also, "enclosed please find." Like it's a challenge. Okay... so I'm going to go diving in the envelope in search of something, hoping I'll find it. Duh.

I thought of this same thing! My mother always wrote this, and it never made sense to me. I felt the same way, like it was some kind of treasure hunt. Or "Please find it, is it still there?"