Lost SPOILER Thread!

Elvish

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Thank you so much for that link, Sugarpop. :grin: Isn't my beloved Jorge the sweetest, most down to earth cat? Love, love, love him.

Anyone have anything to say about last night's ep? What's up with Sayid working for big bad Ben off the island? I spent the whole episode with my mouth open, hollering "WTF?" This show blows my mind in a fantastic way.

I thought it was going to be Jack or maybe Christian Shepherd when Sayid stumbled into the doctor's room, but when I heard the voice I thought "Holy s**t, is that Ben?" It made me happy to know they don't kill Ben, because Michael Emerson is by far the greatest and most fun-to-watch actor on the show.

I totally did. I told Mr. Peaches that halfway through the episode and he told me I was crazy. You'd think he'd realize after 15 years that I may be crazy, but I still know what I'm talking about.

I am so into this season. The whole flash forward twist and definite ending date has added a myriad of new possibilities for what can and will happen. Lost is the greatest television show ever. EVER.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a lot of interest in LOST anymore, huh?

What do we think: will a certain someone REALLY die or is he just left behind on the island?

Last night's show was sooooooo goooooood. I can't believe we have to wait a month for a new episode, though :crazy:

Here's a random thought, and I'm sorry that it involves Nikki & Paulo. Remember them? :) Anyhoo...

They stole $8 million in diamonds from a TV producer in Australia. They then, of course, were on flight 815. As we all remember they were buried alive mistakenly, and Sawyer dumped the diamonds in the grave. Earlier Sawyer had found a walkie-talkie in their tent. Where did that come from?

In last night's episode, it was questioned how Ben could come up with the $3.2 million to pay off the psychic dude. Said psychic dude called him "extremely resourceful", or something to that effect. Is it possible that N&P were actually "Others" who were sent from the island to steal the diamonds, and Ben then obviously knows that the diamonds are on the island somewhere and could be used to save his life?

This theory, that they were Others, is pretty thin, but it would explain:

1. Why they had the walkie-talkie

2. Why they were essentially unnoticed for a long time

3. Paulo either knew that the bathroom where he hid the diamonds worked, or at least where it was

I think, really, that I'm just trying to justify the writers coming up with such an unnecessary episode. :)

While stuck with only Season 3 DVD's and reruns still here , I think I can answer some of Das' questions, having just replayed that episode . To refresh :

Nikki and Paulo apparently found the hatch near the wrecked drug plane sometime before others did while out hunting for their bag containing the diamonds . This was why they weren't around a lot , perhaps . Nikki didn't want to go in and was more interested in finding the bag before they were rescued . Later , they learned that Kate and Sawyer found a case of guns in the waterfall pool and checked there . Paulo found the bag and also his nicotine gum which was in there , but didn't tell Nikki . Later , he went back to the hatch and stashed the diamonds in the toilet , apparently fearing the diamonds were ruining their relationship . While still there , Ben and Julliet came in , watched Jack on TV in the first hatch and talked about how to get him to do the back surgery . They then left and Julliet accidently left her walkie on a table . Paulo grabbed it but told no one about anyone nor anything that he had just seen nor was he ever again shown using the walkie . Later N&P returned to the hatch with Locke, Sayid , etc. and P. retrieved the diamonds from the toilet .

On the day they died , their relationship had been improving a bit since they were no longer so focused on the diamonds until Nikki found a package of Paulo's nicotine gum that had fallen out of his pocket and knew he had been lying . She then planned to kill him that very day , first asking Sawyer for a gun and then using the spider .

-------------

Now , sadly I can only speculate about what may be going on in Season 4 from people's posts , but you may still be partly correct about some N&P connection in the future , Das . Unless you guys have seen something else , the diamonds ( and perhaps any remaining heroin ) are still the most valuable commodity , money-wise , at hand on the island .

Also, Paulo could have , at some point , used the walkie to negotiate a rescue or the like with the Others trying use the diamonds to bargain with and we just haven't seen nor heard of that yet . This theory is way out there , too , but it would let Ben know of their existence , at least , if he didn't know before . The episode portrayed Paulo as a bit dim , though , and merely devoted to Nikki , so I have my doubts about this .

I really am sure that they weren't Others , and are quite dead , though . There was even a brief scene in this episode where Ethan introduces himself to N&P shortly after the crash - not for appearance's sake - but while they were alone and it seemed clear there was no recognition nor collusion going on . They did tell Ethan that they were looking for their bag as it contained Paulo's nicotine gum , though ... ?!?!

Watching again I did catch one ironic quote I hadn't noticed before . When responding to her producer/boyfriend's suggestion that her 'Expose' character ( which had just been shot ) could come back next season if she wanted , Nikki stated, " I'm just a guest star , and everyone knows that guest stars get killed off . " :laughing:

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...