American Idol 06

_Laurie_

and 'special abilities' and be able to fly where you wanna go instead of all that tiresome walking. if i was gonna be a cartoon i'd want to be that o-ren animation style from kill bill vol I, but maybe without all that blood and violence.

i'm off to watch nip/tuck in four minutes. that usually makes me... well nothing much these days since it's gone downhill this series but i watch it out of habit nonetheless.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't actually, i'm just very decisive, but only when it comes to things that are beyond the realms of possibility.

i'm not too pleased with the way the series is going either (i assume i'm about half a series behind you). but we'll see what the future holds!

To be fair, the conversation did start out loosely related to American Idol, what with the Simon Cowell/Westlife dabacle.

Don't you love when people totally hijack a thread? I think we made it okay because we actually did that to three different ones at the same time. Surely that deserves a plaque or a ribbon?

certainly, i think we deserve some recognition for our ability to carry on three totally separate conversations but with common links between them all. it's an art-form, you know!

and we were also only chatting for about half an hour. we just have alot to talk about! :P

but sorry for hijacking the threads! i hereby promise to 'open a socket' in future and pursue the conversation privately if needs be!

(i don't exactly know what 'open a socket' means either so i've decided to use it whenever i see fit!)

I've never heard this guy, since I don't watch this show.

Well that's not strictly true is it Das...

...in virtually your next breath...

Simon Cowell was/is a record producer... ... I agree that he is the most consistently right about peoples' abilities.

You're a regular viewer on the sly, aren't you, you dirty dog? ;)

Yeah, I'll just hush up about that guy. I saw him last night.

I'm sure I'll end up watching it when it slows down. I can't watch it 12 hours a week, or however much it's on right now.

You know what? I can't hush up. What does Chris have that:

The guy from Creed

The guy from Nickelback

The guy from Seether

The guy from Disturbed

The guy from Fuel

The guy from Staind

The guy from Godsmack

don't have? Besides the career, of course (save for Creed and Godsmack dudes).

I knew this was coming. You are in no position to judge him after only having seen that one performance.

Here is how Chris differs from all these guys:

The guy from Creed - He's not a pompous, self-serving a-hole.

The guy from Nickelback - He hasn't been hit in the face with an ugly stick.

The guy from Seether - I don't know him, but that's because Chris is so great that he preemptively overshadowed him.

The guy from Disturbed - He doesn't have that freaky lip piercing and he can hold a note without running out of breath 2 seconds into it.

The guy from Fuel - I have no answer for that, but I will add that Fuel put out a statement saying that they liked Chris' rendition of "Hemorrhage" last week. So there.

The guy from Staind - He doesn't sound like he's taking a dump when he sings.

The guy from Godsmack - He's not a freaky little Bostonian warlock.

He is wonderful and bald and I love him. Take that logic and stick it in your ear. :neener:

Your points are valid, but they’re still wrong. Or just wrong initially.

1. That’s because at this point he’s still a failure. Get him a little coke and a platinum album and then we’ll see.

2. Yet.

3. Right, so great that he’s putting all of his personal anguish out for everyone to see ON AMERICAN IDOL. Keep it real, dog.

4. Yet.

5. Gee, no self-promotion on the part of Fuel there…â€Wait! We’re still relevant!â€

6. I’ll cede you this one.

7. Yet.

but it was! :laughing: :bow:

but i think chris rocks too! i think it's refreshing to see someone on a show like that who's prepared to sound raw and real and pull it off. and he looks like a rock star already, seriously cool and composed with a nice dose of posturing thrown in. it's not that he's vocally spectacular but he has a special je ne sais quoi (or as the french call it, i don't know what) which sets him apart from all the guys you mentioned.

well, that's my spake!

p.s. hey peaches, whaddaya know, that previewing-while-betrunken thing actually works!