American Idol 06

_Laurie_

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

das, louis walsh (an irishman in music management) is responsible for westlife, not simon cowell. cowell is a bit too mean sometimes but i agree with almost everything he says. he really doesn't care what people think about him, and as an over-sensitive person who takes everything ever said about me to the core of my heart, i have to admire and respect that!

louis walsh (an irishman in music management) is responsible for westlife, not simon cowell.

Trouble is...Westlife are hideous bilge (music for people who don't actually like music), whilst Louis Walsh is a terminal prat. You're trying to defend the indefensible here.

In any case, I've just read a few bios of Simon Cowell, and each one "credits" him with signing (and making a success of) Westlife. As A&R Consultant of BMG Records he also unearthed other such rare gems as Sinitta, Curiosity Killed The Cat, Sonia, 5ive, Robson & Jerome......

This clearly makes him a talent-spotter par excellence, to whom the world owes a big "Thankyou".....

Trouble is...Westlife are hideous bilge (music for people who don't actually like music),

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. :(

How unfortunate that whilst I was off researching and composing my post, reading bed-time stories to numerous children etc, in between times and unbeknown to me, you have meekly piped up to express your support for Westlife, about whom I have subsequently been so churlishly dismissive. :o

I realise how this must look... :blush:

Relax, Earth Angel! I am an inveterate buffoon. :jester: You surely don't take anything I say seriously, do you???!!

Sue (and Gisela), it's okay if you like them. It's just that we can't be friends any longer.

you see, i never liked westlife. in fact, i would go as far as to say that i hated westlife. but then i was dragged along to a concert of theirs in dublin by my dancing girls and, i have to say, i was impressed. they sang live and performed really well. mark is the best by a long shot, he kept pulling out his earpiece and ad-libbing to his heart's content.

i would have taken your advice das and avoided a falling out. but once sue had spoken up i just had to fight my soulsister's corner.

i hate louis walsh though.

please don't hate me....? :(

Never. You know that your love of Jeff Buckley, Tom Waits, 24 and Lost are by far enough to counteract anything else. Your mention of answering the phone "Dessler" gave me a big boy crush that I'm not quite ready to relinquish. Yet. But watch it.