OLD 55's LATEST MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I was saying to Laurie before about all the 80s U.K. Boy's Bands. But she reckoned they were cute. She probably secretly desires a real man, maybe someone like Tommy Lee ? I'll see if I can find one of him on the Net somewhere...

HAVING SAID THAT, HERE'S ANOTHER U.K. BAND -

NEW Q3 (Q1 and Q2 are still current).

WHO'S THIS 70s/80s U.K. BAND? I can see it's not the original lineup, but they had so many changes it was hard to keep track......

08.jpg

Q1.

This 15 year old singer's Manager tried to pass him/her off as a "32 year old midget" to gain a concert booking. The booking was cancelled, but the ensuing publicity didn't do the singer any harm ! (Such a good singer would have made it anyway).

Who was the singer ?

Q2.

According to a 60s Group, what's the place's name ? It's also the name of the song.

Q3.

WHO'S THIS 70s/80s U.K. BAND? I'm not sure which lineup it is; they had so many changes it was hard to keep track......

08.jpg

Q4.

These Artists all have songs with a common theme.

THE BEATLES

SHEENA EASTON

GILBERT O'SULLIVAN

Can you tell me what it is please ?

Q5.

This U.S female singer began her career in Central Europe countries working in a stage productions of "Hair" and "Godspell". In the early 70s, she had a short lived marriage to a European actor, and retained an anglicisedversion of his surname for her stage name. Her biggest Hits were in the 70s, and she also appeared in a well known film. She's still active, and has charted at least once this Millenium.

Who do you think it is ?

O.K. I'm not online when the majority of our U.S. friends play, so I'm relaxing the "2 attempts per Question" rule. I don't mind if you want to have more Posts for each question, but please keep it to 2 attempts per post, or it gets too hard for me to wade through. Goodnight and Good Luck All.

I don't think G.O'S. has had any songs about trains, nor Sheena Easton any about suicide. Good on you both for trying !

I just put on a new Question 5. Do you want to have a couple of goes each at it before I shuffle off to bed ?

:)

I'll nip in and have a shower and a shave and have a final check on the Quiz before I go to bed.

Edited by Guest

Rainbow!! Good one, Sammy!!! :thumbsup:

I knew there was some Ritchie Blackmore there... :)

There's also Roger Glover, Joe Lynn Turner, and two other dudes whose names escape me at the present time. That was the 1982 lineup, after singers R.J. Dio and Graham Bonnet left. I really like these guys. A very underrated band.

EDIT: I think one of the other dudes is the drummer, Cozy Powell.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Q1 - Joss Stone or Little Eva

Q4 - Phones:

Beatles - You Know My Name, Look Up The Number

Sheena - Telefone (Long Distance Love Affair)

G.O.S. - Call On Me

---or----

Q4 - The word "Naturally"

Beatles - Act Naturally

Sheena - What Comes Naturally

G.O.S. - Alone Again (Naturally)