OLD 55's LATEST MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q.3 - Richie Blackmore's Rainbow? A long-winded answer I know, but if I recall it is what the band were called on sleeves.....

Actually, that was only on their first album. Blackmore didn't like having his name as the prominent member, but it was the producer's idea. They changed it to simply Rainbow soon thereafter.

Trivia bit: Ritchie Blackmore was VERY shy when Deep Purple formed, and he had major bouts of stagefright. He got over it somewhat over the years, but is still quite shy.

In my opinion, Blackmore is the greatest guitarist to ever strap on the axe. The way he plays the instrument is so smooth, quick, and effortless....undeniably a guitar GOD!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

In my opinion, Blackmore is the greatest guitarist to ever strap on the axe. The way he plays the instrument is so smooth, quick, and effortless....undeniably a guitar GOD!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

One of my happy moments since early seventies: headphones, "Highway Star" (guitar solo), a joint...

Q1 Brenda Lee

:coolio:CONGRATULATIONS SHAWNA! GREAT ANSWER:coolio:

Little Miss Dynamite it was. :thumbsup:

No Joe, I didn't use the same Question. I made some devilishly subtle changes. ;)

I don't believe I mentioned anything about a "32 year old midget" in the other one (just got that from another source), and I didn't say in this one that the venue where the show was cancelled was in Paris.

2.The Name Of The Place Is "I Like It Like That"

:coolio:CONGRATULATIONS UNCLE JOE ! WELL DONE. :coolio:

As Joe said, the LYRICS of this song say "the name of the place is".

Sorry if I mislead anyone with "a 60s Group" in the Question. The Dave Clark 5 version was the Hit here in Australia, and I forgot all about the Chris Kenner version (which didn't chart here).

:)