OLD 55's LATEST MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. The contentious "Old" Q2. about the name of Gene Autry's horse. Joe is correct that Gene's original one was named "Champion" - I should have known that, I'm older than Joe - but he (Gene not Joe)had a number of horses with variations on that name. I just looked it up on Google. When I used to watch his Movies as a kid on a Saturday afternoon, his horse was "Champ".

:P

Also, Laurie has confirmed in her post that she did mean her answer, "The Champs" for that Question. I realised that, because the Q. number she accidentally put against that didn't relate to The Champs.

5 Points to Laurie, 2 for an Honorable mention to Kevin for Lash Larue's horse "Rush" - which is of course a Group - (and let's not go into this one, because I believe his original horse was called "Black Diamond").

:stars:

You're very welcome Laurie. Here's the first para of the article I looked up on Google:-

"During a film and TV career that spanned about twenty years, Gene Autry had a variety of horses which were billed as some variation of 'Champion'. And Champ was the only hoss of a western film hero to have a TV series."

:P

Question 2 - "Walk Don't Run" and "Run Like Hell"?

Question 3 - The Monkees?

:coolio:DOUBLE CONGRATULATIONS SAMMY ! WELL DONE.:coolio:

image_32.gif

Kevin, you suck!! The Nanker was all mine, but I was ill yesterday. Dammit!

THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO TAKE A "SICKIE"! HOPE YOU'RE FINE NOW".

:afro: :afro: :afro: :confused: :confused: :jester: :rockon: :rockon:

Q1, Faith No More

:coolio:CONGRATULATIONS DAS ! WELL DONE. :coolio:

Our first 8 Pointer of the Game !!!

The songs I was thinking of that they covered were:

Easy / Commodores

I Started A Joke / Bee Gees

This Guy's In Love With You / Herb Alpert

:)

F.N.M.'s version of "Easy" was a huge Hit here in Australia and also big in the U.K. "I Started A Joke" also charted in the U.K.

Yes, it was a great answer. We musn't have too many Faith No More fans out there. Fancy an old guy like me knowing them and enjoying (some) of their music.

I've just given Das a reminder about "Participation Points", of which you're the undisputed Queen Laurie. Very sharp.

;)

UPDATED POINTS

Laurie 16

Edna, daslied 14

Kevin, miamisammy 12

Foxy, UncleJoe 5

Brad, bluesboy 3

Katie, shawna 2

Blind-fitter 1

NEW Q1. Do you know who is this U.K. 80s Group ?

06.jpg

I have to go out for a while very shortly, so I chose this Group of whom I've heard, but had no idea what they look like. Maybe they won't be as difficult for you !

:)

Edited by Guest