OLD 55's LATEST MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diggs is right about shopping. What a jungle. I'll have to go out a few times, I think. Normally I only frequent Music or Book stores.

:)

Here's some "thoughts" on the Questions.

Q1. Laurie was on the right track with one of her Posts.

Q3. I'd be looking at soundtracks of Arnie Movies. Probably find them on Google - I haven't tried.

Q4. Look within. (Sounds like a fortune cookie message).

;)

Q4: this is a long shot. All the bands in question were named something else until they signed with a big label, at which point they changed their names to what they currently are.

The Band was Ronnie Hawkins and the Hawks

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers was Mudcrutch

The Mothers of Invention was simply The Mothers

Q1: they were all hits by someone with first name of Andy?

Be My Baby ~ Andy Kim

Take It Easy ~ Andy Taylor

Theme from Love Story (Where Do I Begin) ~ Andy Williams

:coolio: CONGRATULATIONS SHAWNA !!! WELL DONE.:coolio:

I thought "Take It Easy" by Andy Taylor (ex Duran Duran) would throw everybody off. Naturally, you'd think of the Eagles song (different one altogether) when you see that title. Also with "Be My Baby", the Ronettes original version would come to my mind before Andy Kim's.

Q3: Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms?

:coolio: CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN SHAWNA. !!! :coolio:

It first entered the Pop Charts in December 1957, and re-entered in January 1997 after being included in Arnie's Movie "Jingle All The Way". It HAS been a perennial Christmas Hit, of course.

Didn't quite get the Hat Trick Shawna. Q4 is still alive !

QUESTION 4.

I'm looking something for something that these 3 Bands have in common. It's not a song, or lyrics, and I gave a small clue before.

The Band

Mothers Of Invention

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers

UPDATED POINTS (Not including Participation Points from Q4). SORRY, I accidentally included some of those points from Q4 & 5 in Laurie and Edna's scores before.

Laurie 41

Edna 37

Shawna 25

Daslied 22

Miamisammy 21

Kevin 19

UncleJoe 13

Katie 12

Bluesboy 11

Brad 7

Foxy 5

Diggs UK 3

Levis 2

Blind-fitter 1

Hi Laurie. Sorry, there was no real reason why I left Frank out. I believe they were already a group called "Soul Giants" before he joined, but as they played their first real gig on Mothers Day, they became "The Mothers". Their record company objected to the name because of the sexual connotations , and they changed to the "Mothers Of Invention". I think it became "Frank Zappa and..." later. I don't think he ever played with the other two Groups.

:P

Oh , GREAT , Darryl ... :P I just spent 30 min. or so looking for something in common in Q4 , and your comments seem to make it clear that what I'd brought back is wrong ! :doh: }:(

Oh ,well ! They all changed their names upon the suggestions of their labels or others ? ( I guess I could have made that up without the reasearch ) :P :laughing:

Sorry Mate; I think you've misread me, or I've misled you. :crazy:

The name change has nothing to do with the Question. I was just explaining to Laurie why I didn't put "Frank Zappa and The Mothers Of Invention".

Please tell us what you came up with. You might have the answer !

Sorry Mate; I think you've misread me, or I've misled you. :crazy:

The name change has nothing to do with the Question. I was just explaining to Laurie why I didn't put "Frank Zappa and The Mothers Of Invention".

Please tell us what you came up with. You might have the answer !

There is some misreading going on , for sure -- see my previous post para:2 for what I could come up with -- name changing :laughing: