OLD 55's LATEST MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an honest man ! Kevin has just pointed out to me that he noticed bluesboy said "Rush" for The Horse question before he did.

Sorry bluesboy - I'll just increase your Points by 1, but I'll also let Kevin's stand.

Thanks Kevin ! :thumbsup:

Not those 80s Groups. All the U.K. 80s Boys Groups looked the same to me anyway.

Now I really am headed out now. Be away for a couple of hours - catch you when I get back. P.S. I still don't know what "nanker" means. Not w.....?

:)

Hi Katie. Thanks for the "nanker" definition. I hadn't heard that before at all.

Keep trying on that U.K. Group in the pic - haven't got it yet. They were fairly big in the UK in the late 80s, had a couple of Top 20 US Hits in 86/87, but didn't do well in the Australian Charts, with just the one Top 40 Hit in 1987.

CLUES: That's the original lineup. Two of them left in October 87 and were replaced. One of the replacements died of Aids a couple of years later. Maybe one of our U.K. friends will know it when they log in later. (This is like "who's the Group", but with a picture).

NEW Q1. Do you know who is this U.K. 80s Group ?

06.jpg

Sorry, where was I ? Our eldest daughter rang up all upset because her dog had to be put down. Before that, I was trying to get away from Pics and thought I might try a quotation, but every one I tried was on Google. If I can find them, anyone could.

HERE'S A NEW Q1.

This 15 year old singer's Manager tried to pass him/her off as a "32 year old midget" to gain a concert booking. The booking was cancelled, but the ensuing publicity didn't do the singer any harm ! (Such a good singer would have made it anyway).

Who was the singer ?

Sorry, none of those. No place like home Kevin - that's good. Edna dear, the place is also the Title of the song. Here's the 2 Current Questions + another Quizpic.

Q1. This 15 year old singer's Manager tried to pass him/her off as a "32 year old midget" to gain a concert booking. The booking was cancelled, but the ensuing publicity didn't do the singer any harm ! (Such a good singer would have made it anyway).

Who was the singer ?

Q2. According to a 60s Group, what's the place's name ? It's also the name of the song.

Q3. Who's the 80s Group. Looks like the girl has a python draped around her ?

ANSWERED. Gees Edna ! All that time to scan it and you get it straight away.

07.jpg

:P