OLD 55's MUSIC KNOWLEDGE DOUBLES QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first time in a while I have actually known answers to some of Darryl's questions! Nobody asked me though, so I shall have to bask in my own private glory....

I think its because a bias has been established here towards British artists, instead of obscure US soft-rock facial hair types as was often the case in the previous quiz.

Regards

#2...has anyone mentioned johnny rivers yet?

AND THE VERY NEXT POST......

:coolio: WELL DONE LAURIE ! 8 POINTS TO YOU AND EDNA! :coolio:

I didn't put Chuck Berry as one of the songwriters he covered, because I figured that would make it too easy - "Memphis", "Maybelline".

Carl Perkins / "Blue Suede Shoes" - there's a rocker. Huey 'Piano' Smith / " Rockin' Pneumonia and Boogie Woogie Flu".

:)

But no correct answer to Q3. Only TWO attempts that I could see. Sorry, I didn't put you out of your misery earlier. I did mention that I had to have some medical tests today, and I haven't been home long.

Come on Joe. You should be able to get that one !

Here's a CLUE. Those 3 should be regarded as places "connected" with Song Titles (not Group names. I don't know of any group called "Arizona" ?.

What were they again ?

Arizona

Kansas

Texas

And I'm looking for someone who sang, or wrote songs about them.

With the "Contact A Friend", didn't we make it that the Teams have to initiate contact ? Diggs could have gotten points for somebody. And probably psycho also.

Daslied, I was disappointed not to see you and bazooka on here as a team. It's still not too late of course.

:P

CURRENT POINTS

(Not Including Participation Points for Question 3).

Edna & Laurie 29

Katie & Joe 24

Peaches & Sammy 22

Shawna & Brad 2

Those 8 Pointers sure help ! Laurie probably knew it all the time and waited for the opportunity !

;)

Edited by Guest