OLD 55's MUSIC KNOWLEDGE DOUBLES QUIZ

OLD 55

Please refer to previous Quiz Thread for details.

Hopefully starting SOON.

We presently have FOUR Teams and 2 "Contact Friends".

TEAMS

Katie and UncleJoe

Shawna and Brad

Edna and Laurie

Peaches and Sammy

CONTACT FRIENDS

psychocatholic

DiggsUK

THANK YOU FOR BEING IN IT !

If you form a Team after the Quiz has started, that's fine, but please register on the Site before you answer any Questions, or unfortunately your answer will be void.

This is supposed to be FUN, so I don't want to tie it up with a heap of Rules. Here they are below.

:)

Edited by Guest

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RULES OF THE QUIZ

POINTS (PER TEAM):

5 FOR A CORRECT ANSWER, JACKPOTTING BY 3 POINTS IF UNANSWERED AFTER 24 HOURS

2 FOR AN HONORABLE MENTION (WHEN WARRANTED)

1 FOR PARTICIPATING (i.e. THE TEAM, NOT EACH). EVEN IF YOU THINK SOMEONE ELSE HAS ANSWERED IT, AGREE WITH THEM, OR PUT SOMETHING. SO MANY OF OUR PREVIOUS GAMES HAVE COME DOWN TO JUST A POINT !

GAME RULES:

2 ANSWERS TO/ ATTEMPTS AT A QUESTION ALLOWED EACH PLAYER - 4 PER TEAM - UNTIL I "ADJUDICATE" (FOR WANT OF A BETTER WORD). OR YOU CAN USE "CONTACT A FRIEND" AS ONE OF YOUR ATTEMPTS, BUT ONLY ONCE PER QUESTION..

CONTACT A FRIEND:

ONLY THROUGH THE QUIZ FORUM - NOT PRIVATELY PLEASE. psychocatholic AND DiggsUK ARE YOUR "FRIENDS". (I'LL BET THERE'LL BE TIMES WHEN THEY'LL KNOW THE QUESTION AND WILL BE BURSTING TO BE ASKED).

INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS, NOT IN A TEAM:

The answers of anyone who hasn't registered as a "Team Member" or "Contact Friend" will be disregarded, and they will be asked to please respect our rules. ALSO, I don't like to say this, but please don't contact any members privately if you know an answer. I'm sure they'd like to try to win on their own merits.

I HATE PLAYING THE "HEAVY" BUT RULES ARE RULES.

REMEMBER, ONE TEAM WILL FINISH TOP AND ONE BOTTOM.....

BUT THERE ARE NO LOSERS !

OK, LET THE GAMES BEGIN ! I HOPE WE HAVE SOME MORE TEAMS WHEN I CHECK TOMORROW MORNING AUS.EASTERN TIME. GOODNIGHT AND GOOD LUCK ALL !

QUESTION 1

At a Concert held in the last 5 years, a young man who was an integral part of it referred to one of the performers as "Uncle". Who was he referring to ?

I would ask what was the event, and who was the young man, but if you put that and are incorrect with the person he was referring to, you'll give away a huge clue to the others.

QUESTION 2

WHO (Not A Musician) do these 3 Singers have in Common ? And Why ?

Glen Campbell

Dean Martin

Ricky Nelson

QUESTION 3

Third Time Lucky !

This 60s Girl Group had a Big Hit with a song that had already been recorded and released unsuccessfully by 2 other well known Girl Groups.

What do you think the song was, and who was the Group who made it a Hit ? (Must have Both. I suggest DON'T guess just one and give the other Teams a clue).

QUESTION 4

Which Group do you think was the longest running with the same Members ?

QUESTION 5

WHO'S THE MUSICIAN ?

skavsta_bar.jpg

Casper-und-seine-Freunde.jpg

TEAM UP ANYTIME ! Levis 17, See See Rider and Lambchop Flansburgh are ALL looking for partners. There's some New Posts on the OLD Quiz. Best if we make them here now please.

SORRY, NO CORRECT ANSWERS YET. ALL QUESTIONS ARE STILL LIVE.

DON'T FORGET "PARTICIPATION POINTS". TRY EVERY QUESTION.

EACH POINT IS VALUABLE!

CLUE FOR THE PICTURE PUZZLE: THE LIQUOR DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. IT WAS JUST THE BEST PIC I COULD FIND OF SOMEONE POURING.

I have to go out for a few hours. I'll check the Forum again and update the Points when I return.

GOOD LUCK ALL.

:):):)

Edited by Guest

:coolio: WELL DONE LAURIE AND EDNA ! FIRST BLOOD AND 5 POINTS TO YOU.

You were able to get inside my mind Laurie. As you've worked out, the first Pic is someone filling a glass, and spectre is another word for ghost. Great effort.

I'm going to re-check the Points and post the standings shortly. Haven't seen Brad and Shawna yet !

I hope everyone understands that you can nominate a Team anytime. Don't need to wait for my OK. Just make a post telling us your Team members before you answer a question !

Levis 17, See See Rider and Lambchop Flansburgh are ALL looking for partners (and I think Kevin will play if you ask him nicely).

:)

WELL, there's nothing to compile except Laurie and Edna's 5 Points for Question 5 *. No one else attempted it ! What a waste of a Point each for the other Teams. :blush: * (Not including Participation Points for current questions).

QUESTIONS 1 TO 4 ARE ALL STILL CURRENT. PLEASE SEE FIRST PAGE.

Edited by Guest

Haven't seen Brad and Shawna yet !

Hi all. Sorry to say that Brad and I probably won't be participating much in this first round. My nephew is having his surgery tomorrow, and the family's all here. We'll be spending lots of time at the hospital and then hanging out with the family this next week.

But we're still here and we're still going to play as soon as time permits! Don't count us out yet! :grin: