School Prank Gone Wrong!!.

Karhul

Something really funny happened in school on Friday. Before school started Marta sat on a chair and the legs bent. Everyone was laughing. So I said to her "Put it at the teachers chair!". So Timmy and Matra swapped the chairs, and I watched them swap it. Ms. Patton is an old, fat teacher. She came in at reg, sat down, and caught onto the table. Everyone laughed really hard, I hadn't laughed like that in a long time!!, everyone else did too. She laughed a bit too. Then later on in the day in English the Vice and the principal came in and said that an "accident" had happened this morning and he waffled on about how someone could have got hurt and it was a very serious thing to happen and that the person who done it didn't think properly. And he asked if anyone knew about it that they would tell them. He didn't give out paper for anyone to write down, he just left. I'm not going to rat, then everyone would hate me. Its happened before to other people, and no one really likes them now. I was almost Sh##ting myself when he said that, but I kept calm.

The problem is that someone might say something about me, when I actually never touched the chair. So who would get in more trouble, Me?, or Marta and Timmy?. I came up with the stupid idea, but they put swapped the chair. As you can see I could get in deep S#it, or not, and so could they. But how does it go?. I have a plan to get out of less trouble, and maybe Marta and Timmy too.

Feedback please.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I say that I was involved, they would keep asking until I say that Marta and Timmy actually switched the chairs. Then people in the class would hate me a beat the ?R@P out of me. That's how school works today. I'm protecting my own health. If someone does rat (A term for telling on someone in school, not used as a noun) then I will say what my part in it was, which wasn't that big.

It was my idea.

Marta and Timmy carried it out.

Who would get in more trouble because of it do you think?.

But if does he´ll have to tell who changed the chair... and that would be accusing two other friends... I dunno, maybe you should talk to them (your friends) and decide what to do... In my school we never accused nobody but we had lots of "collective punishments"...

Your part in it not that big? It was your idea man! And I know how school works today, I only just left the place.

I still think you'd all be in equal amounts of trouble, but maybe you'd be in more that the other two because you were the instigator.

If you don't wanna dob your friends in, take full responsibility.

I still think you'd all be in equal amounts of trouble, but maybe you'd be in more that the other two because you were the instigator.

She didn't have to listen to me or do what I say!!. Timmy heard her say it out loud, she was hyper after she fell out of the chair.

Oh well, I'm screwed!!!.

F##ked up permanent record, here I come!!.

You've made a mistake. You can't change what you've done. You can either wiggle and squirm and worry if you'll be caught, or you can stand up and be held accountable for your actions.

You honestly think an entire room full of people are going to keep quiet?

What the heck were you thinking? How is it funny to put a broken chair where, in your description, an 'old and fat' person is going to sit on it? How is that funny? Please Karhul, tell us all why you thought that would be funny?

Karhul take it like a man. Take full responsibility. That's the rules!

I'll tell you something my son did in 8th grade. The boys took homemaking. They were sewing, making pillows. He and his friends thought it would be funny to take pins out of the class. Between classes it was apparently funny to walk by people and anonymously stick people. Kid stuff right? Wrong. Between the aids scare, and the very real possibility of hepatitis,they were in big trouble. Matts name was the only one that came up, and he didn't say anything about anyone else. He ended up suspended for 3 months, had a tutor coming to the house, and was just ggenerally in trouble. We as the parents almost had to pay for all these children to have hepatitis shots. There were like 70 kids. So he was in trouble at home and school for a long time. If you ask him he'll tell you it wasn't worth it.

Karhul, it always comes out in the end.

I skipped school a few times, smoked in the toilets, smoked pot outside the gates, went off in older boys cars at lunchtime, etc, and someone always tells the teachers.

One time sticks out was when I was 12, in the first year of secondary school, and a group of classmates decided to put a condom on the teachers chair before she sat down. Of course when she got up the condom fell on the floor and she went mad. We sat there for three hours - and had the deputy headteacher sit in with us. They flaked in the end, as it was turning into detentions after school for the class...don't make everyone hate you as we hated those kids...

Look, I doubt whether you'd have it on your school record that you played a part in a prank by getting someone to switch their chair with a teachers. There were no drugs or alcohol involved, neither did anyone swear at the teacher and no one was hurt. We all did these 'naughty' little things in school and I doubt whether any of us has them on a school record. And if you do - so what? It's only school, trust me - life only really starts when you finish it. You can't change it so just own up to it if you have to. They might ease off on you for being honest, whereas if someone else had to say something - it's up the creek without a paddle for you bud.

Karhul,

If anyone "rats" on all of you, I'm sure you will get in trouble, because you put the idea in their heads (even though they didn't have to listen to you), and they will get in trouble because they were the perpetrators (the ones who committed the act). So if you all want to stay out of trouble, keep your mouths shut.

Everyone has different opinions and you're gonna hear comments from both sides.

Other posters are calling you a coward and saying to own up and take responsibility. If doing that would help the situation, then I would agree with them, but "ratting" on your friends will not change what has already happened or make the situation any better.

"Ratting" will only punish those who were involved and I believe by learning a valuable lesson you don't need to punish yourself or your friends.

Yes, it was a stupid move and I'm sure you all realize it now, after the fact.

The same thing happened to me when I was young. We sometimes don't realize the consequences of our actions could be serious and taking that chance for a quick laugh isn't worth it.

Laughs should come natural or by minor pranks that cause embarrasment (such as placing a "whoopie cushion" on someone's chair), not by playing pranks that could cause injury if they go wrong.

In my school, we were a strong class. We held our ground and no one "ratted" on anyone. If they did, we taught them a lesson about loyality to your classmates after school. We didn't have to worry about anyone squealing. Even when we were told that the whole class would have to stay for detention if no one came forward, we all stayed together.

This way, the person responsible was punished and even though the rest of us had to take a hit with that person, we never let the school officials know any information. It won't make a difference if they find out or not, so why give in just to satisfy their curiosity and desire to punish the perpeterators.

"Ratting" on someone doesn't change what has already happened. It will only cause your friends to hate you.

Let it be a lesson learned for any future pranks you may think of.

This one is over and done with. Move on! That's my opinion!

I fully agree with Brad, Karhul. And with Earth-Angel: we all did some of these things.

And then again, you can´t "rat" on nobody, that´s not good... besides, I guess what you did is no capital crime... but yes, you´re gonna have one of the worst weekends of your schoolarship! :laughing: :laughing:

Hope nothing happens and if they really insist in knowing who was it, you were not the only one... Go and listen to Led Zepp to relax!

Dude, you really don't have to worrying about "F%%%%ing up your permanent record" this kinda thing is well, chicken crap, a drop in the pot, no big deal. You'll probably get a 'stern talking to' and maybe a couple hours of detention or something.

Just as a sidenote, if you're ever going to consider doing something 'against the rules' again, don't do it at school, do it with your bros, away from any possible 'rats', 'cuz ultimately you can do things that you wouldn't even dream of doin' at school, and the chance of getting caught is so, so, low.

Take this from the guy who has gone out of town (and state, and well, country for that matter) so many times to go and see rock shows, without anyones knoweledge. :shades:

When I was fifteen I failed on an oral exam and my best friend stole the teacher´s notebook so I wouldn´t have a big zero... he was very handsome and everybody wanted to be his friend, and everybody knew he had the famous notebook. But nobody said it was him... A month later, he was the star in high school (and me the co-star, of course...). He didn´t want to be in that school anymore so he finally said it was him, gave back the notebook and left school to continue working at home. Now he´s a teacher... He´s still my best friend and sometimes I want to tell this story to his 20 years old son...

well you say you're afraid someone might say something about the incident...that just might happen...but untill then karhul, dont rat on your friends...if your asked about it that's one thing, but like you said, it was your idea...sounds like you are having guilty feelings about this too. it's true your teacher could of been seriously hurt, especially if she had back problems or something like that, that could be serious...oh well, we've all been there, and we've learned our lessons too... sometimes it takes something like this to realize it....good luck, hope things work out for ya...let us know