The Slap Happy Jerk Offs Page

scott

Well, I just need an outlet to talk about my band, because it's becoming so overwellmingly cool, and I want to talk about it. We totally found our niche as far as the local music community, and we've been filling that niche every single night possible.... and that niche is...... house parties. It might seem a little strange to all you guys unfamiliar with good ole North Dakota, but you see around here there are vast stretches of land, in which there are very few houses close to eachother and when the legal guardians of said 'rural house' are away...... the youth plays, and they play hard. So anyway, a few weeks back me and my friends (including the Slapp Happies) were at one of these house parties, and we were just kind of hangin' out in this guys pasture, and then I get an idea.... "Lets grab our instruments from my van, and lets start playin'" well, we go out to the middle of this field and set up all of our stuff (we ran this really long extension cord into the field for our amps.... really, really, long) So we started jammin' and people came and watched and that little performance was really heavily talked about the next school day, and now it's not really considered a good party unless the host goes and gets the band to play, so I've been pullin' some late nights workin' my tail off for drunken teens

Its a good time to be alive

So I just felt like postin' this 'cuz I think its kind of a cool story (at least I think that its cool) so if you guys want to reply with any questions about the band or anything (or comments)

Oh yeah!!! We're totally working on an album of original music, we set up a makeshift recording studio in my friend's garage usin' a crapload of computers and microphones, and then I'm producing it using a program that I *ahem* 'bought' off the 'net.

Scott rocks!!!!!!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Will you open for us in the tours? I mean, you could do like Robert Smith, he played with Siouxsie and the Banshees and also with his band, The Cure... and sometimes they toured together!!

International Songfactors Band AND the Slap Happy Jerk Offs!!!! :thumbsup:

Oh Scott, I can truly appreciate your description of the Midwest. Although I have lived in the cities my whole life, I've driven across the Midwest many times. North Dakota is not a very exciting state to drive through... And the houses are ssssssssooooooooooooooooooo far apart that you can have a party and no one would even know. Just watch out for the tornadoes this summer...! And best of luck to your band. When are you going to be playing in Minneapolis?

Hey guys, I've got a link to where you can listen to some songs (well, I have to wait to get approved before anybody can actually get on, but it should be all good in a couple of days, and as of right now there's only one song on there, and it's just me doin' a solo kinda thing without the jerk offs, but I think it gives a pretty good example of what we sound like)

http://www.purevolume.com/theslaphappyjerkoffs

I'll post again when my account gets approved.

• 2 weeks later...