Common Links

MindCrime

Laurie: I have to see... I´ll look for it...

Old55: yes. They all spent some time in jail, Chrissie Hynde defending Animal´s rights, Dino Valenti (18 months) who knows why and Paul McCartney for growing pot on his van in japan.

Life goes on, bra...

valenti...was imprisoned for a drug charge...but i dont know for what...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Laurie. I was just on my way to bed when you put this question on (last night our time). It's a shame no one else had a go at it, but they are Oldies!

They're all themes from TV shows.

John Sebastian

"Welcome Back Kotter" with Gabe Kaplin and John Travolta.

Johnny Rivers

"Secret Agent Man" - "Secret Agent" ("Danger Man" here in Australia) with Patrick McGoohan.

Perry Como

"Seattle" - "Here Come The Brides" with Bobby Sherman (from the GREAT music show "Shindig").

These Artists all had Hit songs in the 1980s with something in common!

Phil Collins

Stevie Wonder

Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Thanks Laurie. Sorry I didn't put a question on earlier. I've just been teasing (I meant to say, playing with) Alyssa, my Grandaughter!

BASEBALL

simon and garfunkel/ Mrs. Robinson (Joe DiMaggio)

meatloaf/ Paradise By The Dashboard Light (Radio Broadcast of game)

joe walsh....Don't know....not a fan of his (solo)...unless it's "Time Out", an expression in baseball and a number of other sports. Somebody fill it in if you know please, and then it's your turn!

" That's it, I quit - I'm movin' on "

well the only kim and keith i know is kim and keith moon...i think his wife lived in africa?

lola? well there's lola from the kinks? or i googled lola, and it came up with a chimpanzee from spain...lol..

little GB? no idea...guess i'll have to do more research

Yes, they're all mentioned in ZZ Top's song "Lowdown In The Street", from the album "Dequelo". That wasn't a bad album, but I'd be willing to bet that not a lot here have heard of the album OR the song. "Jimmy And JoJo" gave it to me. I was thinking of "Lola" / The Kinks.

Sorry, but I think that IF we keep putting obscure album tracks in questions, this Thread is going to DIE.

GOTTA GO - I PASS TO EDNA.

OLD 55,

Sorry. One man's obscure is another's required listening.

Neil Sedaka's Alice in Wonderland wasn't on the tip of most tongues.

Joe Walsh, however, is a staple of classic rock stations here in the Land Up Over.

Maybe I've played Deguello* too often, but I purposely didn't lead off with "Jimmy and Jojo" because that phrase immediately makes me think of ZZ Top. "Lola (Out of Control-a)" was designed to throw folks off, to keep a measure of challenge.

But anyway, I resolve to be simpler if I'm at bat again.

Have a nice link!

--------------------------------

* Deguello is much better than "not bad" (Fool For Your Stockings, I Thank You, HiFi Mama, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide, Cheap Sunglasses, etc.)

Sorry Mate. I apologise; one man's meat is another man's poison. I think I'm just becoming a Cranky Old Bugger. When I made that post, I'd been trying to get into the site for ages. Some of the questions I've asked at times have been a bit over the top, I'm sure - but I try to make them a bit more "gettable" now.!

ZZ Top got a lot more airplay than Joe Walsh. My favorite song from that album - and I don't know all of the tracks - is "Cheap Sunglasses". Joe Walsh was never really popular solo here - only when he was an Eagle. Katie can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if he had to rely on us for an income he'd have gone broke.

Funny, Neil Sedaka was very big down here. He even recorded a song for "Australia Only" which he said was "to thank us" for taking his "Star Crossed Lovers" to #1 for 7 weeks in 1969. The song was "Wheeling, West Virginia" which was top 10 here in 1970. I don't think either of those were Hits anywhere else in the WORLD.