Songs About Rain

Elvish

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's more from my collection (skipping those that have been mentioned before):

Whitesnake - Crying In The Rain

Cinderella - Through The Rain

Diana Express - Molitva za dyjd (Praying for Rain) - a really good Bulgarian rock song - check it out if you can

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Who'll Stop The Rain

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain

Eric Clapton & B.B.King - Come Rain or Come Shine (although it's technically not a rain song)

Lighthouse Family - Raincloud

Moby - The Sky Is Broken

Sting - After The Rain Has Fallen

Well, I guess you found them all. here´s my list:

"Rain"- Beatles

"I can´t stad the rain"- Ann Peebles

"Let it Rain"- Clapton

"Have you ever seen the rain" - CCR

"Who´ll stop the rain" CCR

"Seems it never rains in SC"- Albert hammond

"Rain, rain, go away" (I don´t know who did the original, I heard it by... The Sandpipers!)

"In the early morning rain"- Chad and Jeremy

"How I wish it would rain" (Phil Collins?)

"Here comes that rainy day feeling again" -Fortunes

"Rainy days and Mondays" -Carpenters

Nobody mentioned "Raindrops keep falling on my head"?

Elvish..I have a great duet version of "Feels Like Rain" by Buddy Guy and Bonnie Raitt. I found it on KaZaaLite.

That's the one I have - it's on his "Feels Like Rain" CD. Great song!

BTW: I saw him in Memphis with my brother for my 21st birthday. He started playing the first few notes to this song and it was like he had done a rain dance - it started to sprinkle and by the chorus it was really coming down. It was very close to a religious experience for me. Something I will never, ever forget.

We're having some rainy fall weather here and I remembered someone (MC___??) mentioned making a CD for when it rains. I think this is a great idea, but for some reason I'm a bit stumped.

Yeah that was me, here's my track listing, not all of the songs completely coordinate with rain, but they work as a foul-weathered friend. I see most have already been mentioned too.

1. CCR - Who'll Stop the Rain

2. CCR - Have You Ever Seen the Rain?

3. Grateful Dead ? Box of Rain

4. The Doors ? Riders on the Storm

5. Led Zeppelin ? The Rain Song

6. Jimi Hendrix ? Wind Cries Mary

7. Edgar Winter ? Eye of the Storm

8. Vic Chestnut?s cover of The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia

9. Red House Painters ? I Feel the Rain Fall

10. Johnny Cougar ? Rain on the Scarecrow

11. Phil Collins w/ Eric Clapton ? I Wish It Would Rain Down on Me

12. Queensrÿche ? Another Rainy Night

13. Skid Row ? Quicksand Jesus

14. Alice in Chains ? Rain, When I Die

15. Garbage ? Only Happy When It Rains

16. Madonna - Rain

17. Eurythmics ? Here Comes the Rain Again

Every time I?m driving around the city or in the rural desert & it surprisingly starts to rain, I pop this into my player & let it flow with the sprinkles down the long stretch of highway.

Another good one is RHCP ? Naked in the Rain

Nelson - After the Rain

That has to be the all-time worst rain song, I actually saw these guys (or gals) in concert 26.gif & that of course was the crowd favorite, OH JOY! It was almost as bad as those PBS "After School Specials" any other baby-boomers remember those?

MTV named this video the 4th worst of all time, right before it was destroyed by Jon Stewart & Chris Kattan. Good thing to know that the good folks at MTV watch out for us viewers & prevent us from seeing such tasteless crap.

Secondly, one I think no one mentioned is "I'm only Happy When it Rains" by Garbage.

Uncle Joe mentioned it in his post.

Then how do you explain Avril Lavigne, Milli Vanilli, The Thompson Twins, The Spice Girls, MC Hammer, Snoop Doggy Dog, and the like? Tell me. How?

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

3 of those aforementioned artists had their videos grinded in a blender & smashed with hammers as well as Nelson, in the very same countdown. Look for future airings of Avril going to waste out of the MTV video library when her fans realize she's nothing but a played out sweetheart/skank who over focus's already trendy music up to the date with unremarkable quotes.

That has to be the all-time worst rain song, I actually saw these guys (or gals) in concert 26.gif & that of course was the crowd favorite, OH JOY! It was almost as bad as those PBS "After School Specials" any other baby-boomers remember those?

MTV named this video the 4th worst of all time, right before it was destroyed by Jon Stewart & Chris Kattan. Good thing to know that the good folks at MTV watch out for us viewers & prevent us from seeing such tasteless crap.

I wasn't a fan of it either. It just popped into my head for some reason.

I figured someone would have mentioned this one already... am I the only person who knows this song?

Gary Allan - Songs About Rain

Well this town has closed down, way too early

And there's nothing to do

So I'm driving around in circles

And I'm thinking about you

Today I heard you got a new last name

I sure didn't know it was gonna hit me this way

And the radio just keeps on playing all these

Songs About Rain...

Now there's all kinds of songs about babies

and love that goes right,

But for some unknown reason

Nobody wants to play them tonight,

Hey, I hope it's sunny wherever you are

That's sure not the picture, tonight in my car

And it sure ain't easin' my pain

All these songs like...

"Rainy Night In Georgia"

and "Kentucky Rain"

"Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again",

"Blue Eyes Cryin" in the "Early Morning Rain"

They go on and on, and there's no two the same

Oh it would be easy to blame all these

Songs About Rain

Well, I thought I was over you

But I guess maybe I'm not

'Cause when I let you go

Looks like lonely is all that I got

I guess I'll never know what could have been

it sure ain't helping this mood that I'm in

If they're gonna keep on playin these songs like...

"Rainy Night In Georgia"

and "Kentucky Rain"

"Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again",

"Blue Eyes Cryin" in the "Early Morning Rain"

They go on and on, and there's no two the same

Oh how I wish I could blame all these

Songs About Rain

All these Songs About Rain...

I wasn't a fan of it either. It just popped into my head for some reason.

Me neither, it still pops into my head time to time. Other than the live performance I saw, the worst thing about it was the video. I remember this kid getting pissed at his parents, (who incidentally were members of the Nelson family) & then going on an Indian tribal quest that lead him to one of their shows (Live at Red Rocks, I think) I can see why MTV would name this the absolute worst.

178200010.jpg

My wife just picked me up a Rain X 'visibility kit' which includes a CD... ahem

-The songs on the CD...

?Singing in the rain - Doris day

?Raindrops keep falling on my head - BJ Thomas

?I can see clearly now - Freeman James Project

?I wish it would rain - The Temptations

?Stormy weather - Dizzy Gillespie

?Raindrop Blues - Lightnin' Hopkins

?Rainy night in Georgia - Conway Twitty & sam Moore

?Here comes the rain - The Mavericks

?Thunder Island - Jay Ferguson

?Ridin' the storm out - REO Speedwagon

laugh1.gif

Oh, that´s true... it´s about "rain", so it´s a good one!!! :coolio:

I guess it counts...but I wouldn't want to get caught in that rainstorm!! :: ::

Does anyone remember the "Men On Film" skits on the old "In Living Color"? (Damon Wayans and David Allen Grier) "It's Raining Men" was their theme song. They were funny....and quite realistic, I might add. :laughing:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

Does anyone remember the "Men On Film" skits on the old "In Living Color"? (Damon Wayans and David Allen Grier) "It's Raining Men" was their theme song. They were funny....and quite realistic, I might add.

Yes I do, for my bday I got a DVD collection of the show, I've only watched the first few episodes so far, but they are pretty funny. Some of the taglines in the Men on Film skits with Damon Waynes & David Allen Greer(sp?) make me laugh, especially when they review anything that has to do with a female, they turn, look at the camera, & say "Hated It!"

Yes I do, for my bday I got a DVD collection of the show, I've only watched the first few episodes so far, but they are pretty funny. Some of the taglines in the Men on Film skits with Damon Waynes & David Allen Greer(sp?) make me laugh, especially when they review anything that has to do with a female, they turn, look at the camera, & say "Hated It!"

When they did the skit "Men on Books", they reviewed Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Dafoe and I remember one of the guys going "If he's anything like that Willem Dafoe, I'll be his Friday, Saturday and his Sunday!"

Two snaps up..in a circle :laughing:

My favorite skit was Fire Marshall Bill with Jim Carey, I loved it when he would set the house on fire. Also Damon Waynes hobo impression, which was used for his movies, like Mo' Money. Kim Waynes was pretty hilarious also, but she didn't really go on to do anything else afterwards. The one thing that annoyed me were the Fly Girl sequences, that they aired after every skit, also I've had that theme song stuck in my head for days now.

My favorite skit was Fire Marshall Bill with Jim Carey, I loved it when he would set the house on fire. Also Damon Waynes hobo impression, which was used for his movies, like Mo' Money. Kim Waynes was pretty hilarious also, but she didn't really go on to do anything else afterwards. The one thing that annoyed me were the Fly Girl sequences, that they aired after every skit, also I've had that theme song stuck in my head for days now.

"Let me show you something!" That hobo (I think his name was Anton) was funny; I loved when he would carry his bathroom facilities around with him (i.e. his pickle jar).

Homey the Clown is f***in' hilarious, too. "Homey don't play that." Damon Wayans and Jim Carrey made that show. It's tough to pick out Jennifer Lopez in those FlyGirls though; they all had big fine asses. :laughing:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: