BLIZZARD

RonJonSurfer

OK, so the snowfall totals in the North Jersey / NYC area have been nothing, zero, uh uh so far this winter. Until a couple inches hit this past Saturday we still had lawns and landscaping showing but...the flakes have started to fly in what is predicted as one of the highest snowfall totals ever in our area. Early forecasts were for 6 inches, then it escalated to 18 inches. As yesterday developed somebody said there a European model which pointed to over 24 inches of snow. Although I wouldn't mind being stranded with a European model in a blizzard, I HATE SNOW (with a passion). Today we are hearing 2 - 3 feet...WHAT??? Where the hell do I live? The are supposed to be hurricane force winds to go with it...GREAT!!!

Luckily I have quite a fabulously stocked liquor cabinet. Lot's of food. And music until the power goes. So stay warm kids and I'll check in every once in a while to keep you posted.

This winter is SOOOO messed up. Lotsa people reporting tons of snow & terribly low temperatures in areas where it's generally not so bad or non-existent. We've had snow. We've had some cold days. January, however, which has been our coldest month each year has been our best. Nearly all the snow has melted as we continue to reach temperatures above freezing. The most bizarre winter. :crazy:

Stay safe to the Fishies & families not suited for winter. Or who just dislike it in general!

Stay safe, warm and well-lubricated Ron.

In Calgary, we set a record on Sunday with a high temperature of 62 F . For the last two weeks we have had no snow and daytime highs above 45F. From a purely selfish perspective, if this is due to global warming, keep it coming! However, the wheels are bound to come off eventually and winter will return with a vengeance.

We dodged the proverbial bullet this time. When the storm took an eastern route over the Atlantic Ocean (with dead aim at Boston) all we got was 3-4 inches total. Generally speaking we ignore that much snow.

The start of Spring is less than 2 months from today, can summer be far behind? This one is for all of you:

We got 5-6 inches last Saturday and another 4-5 yesterday, but my sister in South Jersey and brother in Rhode Island got pounded.

Yes, it has been a fairly mild winter in terms of snow, but yesterday was my daughter's 5th snow day, and they're only allowed 6. We've had a lot of freezing rain and icy conditions...a lot worse than snow