The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #194

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #194 :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Le Vent Nous Portera ~ Noir Désir (2002) Video and mp3

"The Wind Will Carry Us" a complete translation of the lyrics is in the details of the youtube video

I still enjoyed it without knowing them though :)

Ghostwriter ~ RJD2 (2002) youtube and mp3

a further example of the difference between "hip hop" and "rap"

yes, this is an (instrumental) hip hop track, without any rapping in it ;)

Le Vent Nous Portera ~ Noir Désir (2002)

I still enjoyed it without knowing them though :)

I liked that band... yes, they were very good, too bad Bertrand Cantat, the singer and founder of the band, beat and killed his girlfriend in 2004, actress Marie Trintignant (Jean-Louis Trintignant' s daughter) ... :stars:

I can't enjoy his music anymore, and he's not even in prison... he got 8 years but his good behaviour in jail allowed him to be free by now.

I know, it's another Spector case... his music has little to do with what I say but I can' t help it...

I have a couple od Noir désir' s CDs... I can't listen to them...

I know you didn't know, Martin... :P he's mostly known in France... sorry for posting non-cool stuff... it's just that I had a sort of sympathy for the Trintignants due to something that happened many years ago and that was related to me somehow...

I have the Noir Desir album with "Le Vent Nous Portera" on it - "Les Visages Les Figures", is it called? I picked it up cheap in a charity shop, recognised it as French rock and it looked interesting. It's a good album.

I had recognised the name Noir Desir, but didn't recall where I'd heard it before. Having lived in France in the 80s and corresponded with friends there for a few years afterwards, there were all sorts of reasons I might have heard of them. It was a while before I put 2+2 together and remembered the magazine article I had read about the French rock-singer who killed his girlfriend.

I haven't listened to the album much since. It does put you off a bit.