The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #175

1] You Belong to Me - Carly Simon (1978)

2] Tyrone - Erykah Badu (1997)

3] Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedys (1980)

4] End of Our Road, The - Marvin Gaye (1970)

5] Knights Of Cydonia - Muse (2006)

6] Stone Cold Crazy - Queen (1974)

7] Young Savage - Ultravox! (1977)

8] Block Rockin Beats - The Chemical Brothers (1997)

9] Let's Get Serious - Jermaine Jackson (1979)

10] Rock-n-Roll All Nite - KISS (1975)

Some great nominations this week people: well done!

2398_cheek_kisses.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedys (1980)

2. Drive - R.E.M. (1993)

3. Dress - PJ Harvey (1991)

4. Rag and Bone - The White Stripes (2007)

5. Sorry For Laughing - Josef K (1981)

6. Block Rockin Beats - The Chemical Brothers (1997)

7. Young Savage - Ultravox! (1977) (sounds quite different from "Dancing with tears in my eyes" ;) )

8. Knights Of Cydonia - Muse (2006)

9. Jacket Hangs - The Blue Aeroplanes (1990)

10.Halo - Depeche Mode (1990)

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #175 for the week ending 19th July 2009

1. Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedys (1980)

2. Drive - REM (1993)

3. Heartache Tonight - Eagles (1979)

4. Pop Muzik - M (1979)

5. You Belong to Me - Carly Simon (1978)

6. Rock and Roll All Nite - KISS (1975)

7. Stone Cold Crazy - Queen (1974)

8. Dress - PJ Harvey (1991)

9. Stand Tall - Burton Cummings (1976)

10.Rag and Bone - The White Stripes (2007)

:headphones:

1. Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedys (1980) 84

:rockon:

This went from being one of the worst 10s to one of the best ever. I never would've thought that song would've received as high of support as it did; it's in frequent rotation on my car's iPod.

Too bad Muse tied at 10th place, I should've given them a higher vote :doh:

Excellent, 3 songs I can't stand made the Top 10. At least the Eagles made Top 3.

How far do you expect to get in life by focusing primarily on the negative? Most weeks I probably hate at least half a dozen of the Top Ten. Do I grumble about it? This week I probably hated about half of them; even more than you did. Maybe my tastes are just that little bit more discerning than yours: I don't reckon much to The Eagles, Floyd, Springsteen, etc - the sort of sludge that normally fills the Ten. But am I downbeat? No; because even though the ones I liked were outnumbered by the ones I disliked, I really like at least 3 of them. And that's what counts. Ho, happy day! :)

Someone else who thinks they know me. Just because I wasn't too fond of this week's list doesn't mean all I do in life, whether online or off, is focus on negative things. There were songs on the list this week I did like, and I a band I really like made Top 3 and I mentioned that. I just thought it was funny that the three songs I really, really don't like and threw on my list just to finish it out ended up making it.

My word.

:rolleyes: oh well, onward.

This is definately not my favorite Ten .... BUT, I know a lot of people that are tickled silly with it. Holiday in Cambodia has been nominated several times, to no avail, so for it to end up #1 is pretty freaking fantastic. I'm happy about Carly making it in again as well. The very best thing about this ten for me, is that Stand Tall made it in! Burton Cummings' talent as a writer and the quality of his voice have never gotten the recognition they deserve. Stand Tall is a great song, showing off his great big voice and I'm so happy that enough people recognized it to vote it in. :bow:

So there's something here for everyone even with the shortage of nominations ... that should be enough to make everybody happy. ;)

Also, I would like a rule established wherein you need to collect a fixed number of credits based on positive comments which may then be expended in multiples of 3 in the form of negative comments.

We could personalise it so that people with more songs in the TT need to make a greater number of positive comments before they can complain (multiples of 13 maybe) and those with fewer songs can whine after a mere 1 or 2 happy comments.