Napoleon Dynamite

Batman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...not quite. I think Utah is about 50-60% Mormon and Idaho is in the 40% range.

But yes, being a Mormon myself I can say most Mormons talk that way. Gosh! Friggin! etc...

I also noticed the Rick's College shirt among other things. Good flick.

I think them generalizing all of Idaho is kind of dumb, I live in northern Idaho, and none of it is like that. Us "Idahoians" are not all mormon, and in the northern part of the state there is like maybe 5% mormon (probably less). My dad grew up in southern Idaho and it is like that, 99.9% mormon, but please don't summarize the whole state as mormons, because its definitely not like that.

You are correct. Northern Idaho is 99% "Militia" living in Missile Silos. :) Just kidding. Like I said earlier, I believe Idaho is 40% Mormon. I believe only John Heder (Napoleon) was Mormon. He refuses to do any films that involve cursing or sexual content so they had to do the film that way. The director might have been Mormon too...not sure.

• 1 month later...

Check this site out:

www.icaughtyouadeliciousbass.com Napoleon Dynamite soundboard and video clip

Its got a video clip flash animation of the dance scene from the end of Napoleon Dynamite, and a way to send a html napoleon dynamite email to your friend. I can't believe somebody went through the trouble of buying the domain name.

He's even got don't be jealous that ive been chatting online with babes all day .com Napoleon Dynamite kip site

No, he is not dead.

Napoleon Dynamite Star Not Dead

The latest celebrity death rumor going around is that Jon Heder, star of Napoleon Dynamite, died in a car accident while driving with a friend to Salem, Oregon. A website making this claim is here. People have also been speculating about this rumor on the IMDB message boards. Jon Heder, of course, is not dead (unless that person who looks like him and has been making media appearances is just an imposter).

imdb.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, and how about those T-SHIRTS. I live in Utah and all my friends are wearing them, specially the "Your Mom Goes To College", I got me one, I had to order it on the internet, 'cause they don't have those at the local Wal-Mart. The boys have them too. I am sure you're all gonna aske me where I got it but I can't remember, something like "graffitiusa" or graffitiusa.com" or something like that. Anyway, my favorite part of the movie is when the truck gets hit by a fruit and Uncle Rico goes: "Aaaaahh..!!":stars: Lol. Cracks me up, everytime I see it. HEY I found a pic of the shirt I am wearing now, check it out:2053036.502281.jpgGraffiti USA

• 2 months later...

I kind of agree with you. It's a stupid movie, but it had more than some pretty funny parts, it had many incredibly funny parts.

On another note, I always find it funny when I hear all those indie movie people saying how they hate this movie. It seems like the kind of minimalist movie they'd love, but they hate it, because other people like it.

• 1 month later...

I think people who saw it earlier liked it more. I saw it way back last june, before it got really big. I hadn't even heard of it, but one of my mormon friends told me I should see it, and that it was really big in the mormon community. So I saw it, and laughed out loud at all the jokes. But by the end of summer, everyone thought they could do the perfect impressions of the characters, and hailed it as the best movie ever, and gave away all the funny lines.

after having heard people praising it so much, here and some american friends i have, i watched it with my boyfriend. i'm sorry but there were like 4 scenes that were funny in the whole movie, the rest was crap. watchable but i felt like i'd wasted a few hours of my life

Hey, Batman. Maybe you can answer this question. Near the end of the movie where Pedro is having his presidential fiesta, is that Summer Wheatley in the background? I thought it would be funny if she actually showed up for the chimichangas (not actual/traditional Mexican food, btw) ::

I didn't see Summer there. In fact, I didn't even see Napoleon or Deb, I think it was just his family. I'm not sure though.

Another question, for all you 80's funk fans. What song is playing in the background while Napoleon is dancing at the election?

I didn't see Summer there. In fact, I didn't even see Napoleon or Deb, I think it was just his family. I'm not sure though.

Another question, for all you 80's funk fans. What song is playing in the background while Napoleon is dancing at the election?

If you look closely in the background, there is a blonde girl there at Pedro's carne asada bbq. You can barely make out who it is, but like I said, it would be funny if it turned out to be Summer.

... and the Jamiroquai song was faaaaar from 80s. You overshot into the late 90s. That was "Canned Heat" from an album that came out in 1999.

• 2 years later...