April Fool's Day

blind-fitter

One for the toilet which is almost undetectable in a sleepy eyed state is to cover the top of the toilet (under the seat) tightly with plastic wrap. With boys you have to stretch the wrap down the sides far enough so's it isn't noticable. This works pretty well, it's a pretty well known stunt in our family. Another is to put a halloween mask in the toilet, and have the lid down. Kid goes in first thing in the morning, lifts the lid, and well, you can guess. It doesn't have to be a scary mask, any old head/face in a toilet is pretty freaky at 6am. ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The mask one works really well. You turn the water off so that you can place the mask just so. We've used a semi- stuffed whole head rubber mask, a scary one. When my 3 boys were under 10 it worked really well, and they didn't necessarily wait for April Fool's Day once they learned it. :D

Unfortunately the kids don't use either sugar or salt. The only one who'd be having a teaspoonful of sugar in his morning coffee would be me, so....hmmmmm...any more ideas?

Kids don't have sugar or salt?! What kind of household is this?!?! :stars:

The mask one works really well. You turn the water off so that you can place the mask just so. We've used a semi- stuffed whole head rubber mask, a scary one. When my 3 boys were under 10 it worked really well, and they didn't necessarily wait for April Fool's Day once they learned it. :D

I wouldn't wear the mask ever again, or even touch it for that matter.

the only thing wrong with this one is... who would be one cleaning up the resulting mess? ;)

Yeah, that came inmediately to my mind... :stars: Fool´s Day for us, the ones who´ll clean... :shades:

In France they stick a paper fish on your back and let you go all day with it without noticing. Not very evil... :cool:

Not really. As I was leaving for work, I said to my eldest "I'm leaving for work....and I'm never coming back. Take care, son; it's been nice knowing you". He looked so hurt, I immediately told him it was an April Fool.

It was a spontaneous, ill-judged jest; probably overstepped the mark. :blush:

WRONG!!! Right now, I'm eating my lunch, SongFacting and earwigging on a colleague's telephone conversation, all at the same time.

And tonight you'll wonder just why you feel so drained and exhausted. ;)

Anyway, what did you do this morning?

edit: I'm slow.

Edited by Guest

Not really. As I was leaving for work, I said to my eldest "I'm leaving for work....and I'm never coming back. Take care, son; it's been nice knowing you". He looked so hurt, I immediately told him it was an April Fool.

It was a spontaneous, ill-judged jest; probably overstepped the mark. :blush:

Cruel basta*d ! Only a heel would take advantage of someone's kind sentiments and twist it for their own pleasure ... :D

the only thing wrong with this one is... who would be one cleaning up the resulting mess? ;)

This is generally not done to kids, but to adults. Pretty much self-clean.

As far as the mask goes, there is no water in the toilet ... and no mess either. The 'mark' is frightened prior to any business being done.

We're mean. ;)