April Fool's Day

blind-fitter

Oh , no . No , there are others that belong in the bin , and neither you nor you family were intended ... ;)

No , there are plenty of sick buggers out there who would prey upon the kindly sentiments of people and twist it for a cheap laugh ...

Edited by Guest

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'm not much for practical jokes but I played one on my wife several years ago. A friend suggested that I stick a raisin into the toothpaste tube. When Joann spread the toothpaste on her toothbrush next morning she was apoplectic at what she saw. Yes, she screamed and I had to come running to see what was wrong.

I played it out and just shook my head. I said, "Imagine that! We've been using that tube of toothpaste for over a month. God knows what we've swallowed."

It turned her stomach. Later that day she phoned the manufacturer's hotline. The customer service guy said, "M'aam, does it look like it might be a raisin? You know that today is April 1st, right?"

Oddly she didn't think that it was funny. And I am not a juvenile a**hole.

BTW, why does Kevin get a day in his honor?

One of my friends at work had a joke played on her this morning. Yesterday, maintenance came and did a little work in her office. This morning, there was caution tape in front of her door, plastic sheeting all over everything and a memo that some maintenance work was being done and some people would need to be displaced until it was finished.

The memo wasn't signed (any official memos are), and one phone call to maintenance confirmed that someone was a busy little bee last night!!!!

My youngest daughter called and asked me if I could pick up her sister from work because she was suppose to but she has to work an extra hour...I said sure, no problem...then my daughter told me she text messaged her sister and said "Mom's picking you up from work because I got pulled over by the cops...they said my car fit a description that was involved in a robbery, so it looks like it's gonna be awhile"..... :D....Yeah I guess I'll play along...but I'm pretty sure my oldest daughter won't fall for it....

My youngest is a prankster that's for sure....She said she got a text message from a friend of hers asking "What time are you getting out of work today?"....My daughter text message back and said "I'm not working at all...I got fired yesterday when I told my supervisor off yesterday"....This one was too easy.....This friend of hers will believe anything you tell her... :doh:

[big]Our favourite musical April fools[/big]

Björk fronting Led Zeppelin? Coldplay recording in zero gravity? Nine Inch Nails working with Timbaland? It can only be April Fool's Day? Right?

[smaller]Sean Michaels | guardian.co.uk | Thursday 2 April 2009 | Link[/smaller]

To anybody visiting from another planet, yesterday would have seemed like a landmark day for musical team-ups. From Björk and Led Zeppelin to Nine Inch Nails and Alicia Keys, dozens of artists chose 1 April to announce the weirdest collaborations of their careers. Here's a rundown of some of our favourite musical April Fool's pranks.

Björk reignited Led Zeppelin reunion speculation by announcing that she is taking over as the band's lead singer. Out with Robert Plant, she declared on her website, and in with the pixie from Reykjavik. The sole stipulation? That the re-formed band only play songs from albums I and IV, including Black Dog, Stairway to Heaven and Communication Breakdown. It seems Björk is not a fan of Whole Lotta Love.

Over at Coldplay's website, Chris Martin and co announced their new recording studio – a zero-gravity airplane. "Coldplay are to boldly go where no musicians have gone before," they wrote. "Later this year, the band will board a modified Boeing 727 aircraft, which can provide zero gravity for periods of 20-25 seconds at a time. Wearing self-designed outfits based on early Russian cosmonaut suits, they will be joined by producer/collaborator Brian Eno, who will use custom-made 'heavy' microphones to record the sessions on a 1969 analogue cassette player."

While Martin called it the "right environment to record the perfect snare drum sound", we called it "the perfect joke to elicit extended, humourless groans".

Sigur Rós had a little more luck, tricking fans with news of a Coldplay team-up. According to the Sigur Rós website, keyboardist Kjartan Sveinsson wrote and arranged strings for four songs on Coldplay's forthcoming Viva La Vida follow-up, and frontman Jonsí Birgisson performed a duet with Martin on one track. But it's not just Sigur Rós fans who were rolling their eyes – some Coldplay fans balked too. "What?! Sigur Rós are a ******* embarrassment," one commenter wrote, "Wimpish at best. They sound like Coldplay wound backwards."

However, there's a clear winner of 2009's musical April Fool's crown. Trent Reznor announced on Twitter a new Timbaland-produced Nine Inch Nails album called Strobe Light. But far from a one-line joke, Reznor had set up an dedicated website, complete with looped MIDI soundtrack. For just $18.98 plus a $10 "digital service fee", naive fans were promised DRM-locked Windows Media audio files for songs such as Everybody's Doing It (featuring Chris Martin, Jay-Z and Bono), Still Hurts (featuring Alicia Keys) and intro and outro skits. "You will also receive an exclusive photo and a free email account with our partner Google's Gmail service," the website boasted.

If only Chris Cornell's Timbaland-produced album was as much of a joke.