The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #160

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #160 ! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Frozen Smiles" - Graham Nash & David Crosby

"Sugar Baby Love" - The Rubettes

And here's a group that I really should have nominated last week. I think that this song is ample proof that this was indeed a great band. Seems criminal that they aren't yet in the list:

The Winner Takes It All - ABBA (1980)

LBBB

...and of course, this time "The Winner..." has to make it... We have no ABBA in the Top and that song is their best song. I nominated it maybe... five times? :shades:

I love Love, Lee! And the whole Forever Changes album, where Andmoreagain is from. It had some strange titles on it. Besides Andmoreagain there's:

Alone Again Or

Maybe the People Would Be the Times or Between Clark and Hilldale

and

The Good Humor Man He Sees Everything Like This :)

Was hat dich bloß so ruiniert? ~ Die Sterne (1996) Video lyrics + translation

this song got 14 points in my PTT (in case anyone remembers that)

- I'm going to expect at least 50% of that without my own points :shades:

Iron Lion Zion ~ Bob Marley (1992) Video

an incomplete song that wasn't released until 10 years after his death, so it may be a bit overproduced, but it's not like Mr Marley doesn't have a couple good songs in the Ten already

the "lion in zion" is of course Haile Selassie I, emperor of Ethiopia, who is the messiah according to the Rastafarian religion

Vapour Trail - Ride (1990)

beautiful song, and probably one of the few shoegaze songs out there with lyrics that are actually essential to the music... even though they only take up about a third of the song. I nearly included it in my PTT.

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous - and damn you, WMG :susel: ^ that's an audio link

Sleep - Marion (1995)

Ye olde "indie sound" I dig the line 'What a cliche - I, I never want to see you again'