The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #149

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #149 ! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten list is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before ... Click here to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens (Artists). ... And here to view Every Song That's made The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten (Songs)

Yes, it's true, we now have two, two, two lists in one! :)

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. At the end of the voting period we'll announce The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten For that week.

LET US HAVE YOUR NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Wild Child (Wild One) ~ Iggy Pop (1986)

Now I hate to be a patronising Australian, but did you know that this is a cover of the very first Australian rock'n'roll song? Our undisputed king of Rock and Roll was Johnny O'Keefe ("J.O.K."), who wrote and released this song in 1958. It was the first home-grown song to ever top the Australian rock chart. Re-Covered by Jet-and-Iggy in 2008 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the birth of OzRock.

Just for interest's sake, I'm putting JOK's version up there with lots of your other nominations here:

Songfactors' Choice Top Ten 149 nominations

See ya!

LBB

Just for interest's sake, I'm putting JOK's version up there with lots of your other nominations here:

See ya!

LBB

Nicely Done :coolio:

I like the idea of the playlist as opposed to YouTube, because it's easier to navigate through the songs and it uses up less bandwidth.

Edited by Guest

Monkey Gone to Heaven ~ Pixies (1989) Video

There was a guy...

An underwater guy who controlled the sea

Got killed by ten million pounds of sludge

From New York and New Jersey

Imitation of Life ~ R.E.M. (2001) Video

mainly because I probably won't nominate this one in "Best Music Videos"

(it's just a 20 seconds video, you know? :shades: )

but also quite a good song

you want the greatest thing?

the greatest thing since bread came sliced?

you've got it all, you've got it sized

Now I hate to be a patronising Australian, but did you know that this is a cover of the very first Australian rock'n'roll song? Our undisputed king of Rock and Roll was Johnny O'Keefe ("J.O.K."), who wrote and released this song in 1958. It was the first home-grown song to ever top the Australian rock chart. Re-Covered by Jet-and-Iggy in 2008 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the birth of OzRock.

See ya!

LBB

Not so patronizing .... but yes actually, in this instance I did know that. :D Those are the bits of trivia that I pick up when I research the years/artists, etc for the list. It was also covered by Jerry Lee Lewis (1959), and a couple others as well. Iggy's '86 version is the one I'm nominating though.

And the playlist is a lovely idea, thanks Lee. :)