What Are You Smoking Or Taking?

TheLizard

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I did acid a few times, and didn't care for it because of the mind thing, and I don't like feeling that I'm not in control, that's a scary feeling for me.

I found I liked mescaline more, simply because it felt more social, because of the body thing, and it felt fun, as opposed to the unbalanced feeling of acid.

I've taken either probably less than 5 or 6 times, it just wasn't that great. :P

Geez, that all sounds really awful from a mom, but it was the culture of my teen years.

Edited by Guest

it's certainly a much more social drug than acid, which I found made talking difficult.

Mescaline is cooler than acid... :cool: You feel deeper sensations with your body and think clearly while acid is more like speed and mess...

...it was the culture of my teen years.

Indeed. You just had to do it.

It tasted awful? What form was it in? I wonder because what we had were tabs. They have gelcaps now? :laughing: You know what tastes awful? Mushrooms. Blech. :P

Yeah, it was just cactus, dried and ground up. We had to mix it with orange juice.

No, what I meant about the gelcaps was that I would fill them with the ground cactus. It would mean swallowing ~50 of them, but anything would be better than having to eat it. Euuugghgh.

Wow, you actually got pure mescaline? Man, I wouldn't trust a dealer with that these days, I would be suspicious that it wouldn't actually be mescaline since it's so hard to get on the street.

Yeah, it was just cactus, dried and ground up. We had to mix it with orange juice.

No, what I meant about the gelcaps was that I would fill them with the ground cactus. It would mean swallowing ~50 of them, but anything would be better than having to eat it. Euuugghgh.

Wow, you actually got pure mescaline? Man, I wouldn't trust a dealer with that these days, I would be suspicious that it wouldn't actually be mescaline since it's so hard to get on the street.

Yes, the mescaline we took was always a brown tab, I've never seen it in a natural form. Truthfully, I'd have a hard time trusting anybody with any sort of manufactured drug nowadays. You're probably better off with the castus.

The whole thing I disliked about acid was the speed feeling. A speeded up body is one thing, but a speeded up mind is not a good feeling. :P

Edited by Guest

It tasted awful? What form was it in? I wonder because what we had were tabs. They have gelcaps now? :laughing: You know what tastes awful? Mushrooms. Blech. :P

Oh, I used to take gelcaps too... like those you can open and have the stuff in... That was in the early seventies... and it came from California.

But I agree about mushrooms tasting real bad... :laughing:

Yes, the mescaline we took was always a brown tab, I've never seen it in a natural form.

...but mescaline is a chemical substance, a sort of powder, you can take it pressed or into a gelcap.... you know that... there´s no "natural" mescaline...

I mean, I never ate the cactus itself... just its distillation or powder or whatever...

but mescaline is a chemical substance, a sort of powder, you can take it pressed or into a gelcap.... you know that... there´s no "natural" mescaline

No, the brown powder is the peyote refined from the cactus. They would either press it into tabs, or make home-made capsules, which is probably what you took I think.

FOTH means he had the cactus itself, just like eating mushrooms. Am I right?

Yeah, what I had was the cactus itself, just dried and ground up in a coffee grinder. I mixed it with a little orange juice to make some stuff that looked like mud, and tasted worse.

And edna, mescaline is indeed just a chemical, but I'd imagine that most mescaline available is isolated from San Pedro or Peruvian Torch cacti (Peruvian Torch is what I had- Peyote is hard to find because it's one of the plants specifically scheduled in the US). Mescaline can be synthesised (and quite easily, I think) but as you said earlier, things like meth are just so much more profitable for underground chemists- there is little demand for mescaline, particularly on the street. Also, I think that Psilocybe mushrooms have perhaps taken the place of cacti as the most popular natural psychedelics more recently, as new advances in cultivation have made them far easier to grow. Peyote, for instance, takes 5-7 years to mature, making it an impractical commercial drug.

Anyways, I wouldn't trust a street dealer with any synthetic psychedelic other than LSD.

Edited by Guest

Yes, that's what I meant, peyote is the hallucinogen in the cactus, which is refined into mescaline.

You do know a lot about the science of it, which is a good thing, you should know what you're putting into your body. I don't believe that today I'd trust anyone selling acid or any maunfactured drug. But then, why did I trust them then? It's a youth thing I guess because we rarely worried about it.

Edited by Guest

Yes, that's what I meant, peyote is the hallucinogen in the cactus, which is refined into mescaline.

You do know a lot about the science of it, which is a good thing, you should know what you're putting into your body. I don't believe that today I'd trust anyone selling acid or any maunfactured drug. But then, why did I trust them then? It's a youth thing I guess because we rarely worried about it.

Peyote actually is the particular species of cactus, it's one of a few that produce mescaline.

Yeah, I made a point of doing a lot of research before hand, I wanted to know that I had a safe source of a safe drug.

Acid is actually quite to buy safe when on blotter because a dose is around 100 micrograms. Something like meth (which we're always warned about at school) wouldn't actually fit on blotter in an active dose, as it has only threshold activity at 1 milligram.

I guess if you were doing acid in the '60s/early '70s, it wouldn't have been on blotter, in which case it could have been something else, but I think that's unlikely.

Edited by Guest

Acid was availble to us in blotter (and windowpane, clear stuff, plastic maybe), barrel, and flat tab form, depending.

I still wouldn't be sure that what's on the blotter is just acid, and not some additional "cut". But I don't pretend to know the science of it, and I've gotten old and cautious.

I do know that something like that is much "better" than pharmacueticals anyway. Prescription drugs are not a good thing.

I still wouldn't be sure that what's on the blotter is just acid, and not some additional "cut". But I don't pretend to know the science of it, and I've gotten old and cautious.

I do know that something like that is much "better" than pharmacueticals anyway. Prescription drugs are not a good thing.

Well there certainly could be impurities from manufacturing, but nothing psychoactive.

Yeah, I'm just going to stay away from pharmaceuticals.

Wade, I like you, you´re curious and you remind me of myself at your age... :cool: I also read and asked and searched info everywhere... :)

Now, don´t trust anyone who´s selling anything... unless you know them. Any acid you will buy now will be almost 100% non-acid... they do amazing covers now... ;) And you can never tell how you will react as it depends on your mood, on what you´re taking, on how pure the speed they cut it with is, etc.

A friend gave me an advice thirty years ago: don´t do acid unless you have some Valium in your pocket.. just in case...

I sure learn a lot about street drugs here. :shocked: This way I know more about what to look for with my kid! ;)

I've never seen a tab or pill or whatever of acid, would have no clue what that looked like, up to yesterday I've never heard the word "mescaline," only once in my life have I ever seen someone freebasing, and I was so freaked out I had to run out of the apartment, shaking.

Guess I'm as big of a naive child as Andy says sometimes, because I've never made s'mores, either. :laughing: