Worst Songs of All-Time ?

MindCrime

Tim, I couldn't possibly agree with you more. As Samuel Johnson said, "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

I can honestly say that I didn't get wrapped up in that because while everyone's natural inclination was to go Rambo on any and all Muslim people they saw because they were angry and they were scared....I chose to refrain. There's a lot of people I had been friends with at the time that I haven't spoken to in nearly 10 years. I began to see people for who they really were, far deeper than the way they presented themselves to society. It disgusted me.

So yeah, songs like that just remind me of all that "rah-rah America is the best, yo" crap that permeated the airwaves.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Comfortably Numb?

Yeah, unfortunately, all of PF is that way for me. Including "Dark Side of the Moon" and everything else they've ever done. With one weird exception - "Wish You Were Here." And probably that particular exception is due to the fact that I can actually associate a good memory with it rather than the heinousness that comes with the rest of their stuff for me. Again, it's for personal reasons...

• 1 month later...

I thought we had a "Worst Cover Songs" thread, but I couldn't find one.

Today I accidentally listened to an AC station, and heard a completely unnecessary cover of Against All Odds.

I'm not sure who did this, but it was horrible. See, this is Phil's song, pulled from the agony of his first divorce and expressed so genuinely in a way the only someone who has experienced it can. A travesty.