Worst Songs of All-Time ?

MindCrime

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we had a "Worst Cover Songs" thread, but I couldn't find one.

Today I accidentally listened to an AC station, and heard a completely unnecessary cover of Against All Odds.

I'm not sure who did this, but it was horrible. See, this is Phil's song, pulled from the agony of his first divorce and expressed so genuinely in a way the only someone who has experienced it can. A travesty.

There have been quite a few covers - Mariah Carey solo, Mariah Carey with Westlife, The Postal Service, Steve Brookstein, Montel Jordan, and a lot of others

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was flicking through the TV channels this morning and stopped briefly at FUSE TV. There, I heard a song called "Like A G-6" by the Far East Connection (or something like that) and featuring two other people I've also never heard of. This just may be the most PUTRID song ever recorded.

Finally, my ears stopped bleeding long enough that I could reduce the pressure I was holding against them and be able to change the channel.

WHAT THE F**K DOES IT TAKE TO GET A DAMN RECORDING CONTRACT THESE DAYS?! Apparently not a great amount of TALENT!

(And if anybody knows what a "G-6" is, I'd really like to know. I've always thought it was just a really shaky car engine that was invented in the early 1900's.)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

(And if anybody knows what a "G-6" is, I'd really like to know. I've always thought it was just a really shaky car engine that was invented in the early 1900's.)

The name of the song is open to listener interpretation. Member of Far East Movement, Kev Nish, explained to MTV News: "A G6 is not a Gatorade flavor. It's not a car, convertible, four-door. It's not a watch. But Drake, Drake talks about having G4 pilots on deck, so we said, 'What's flyer than a G4?' Of course, it would be a G6."

I agree that this song sucks, I can't believe it is currently the #1 song on the charts.

I am under the impression that a G6 is a type of plane. And if those mother lovers are quoting DRAKE, of all people, then they need to be pimp slapped. Drake (real name is AUBREY) is a talentless hack who used his Canadian teen soap opera money to buy producers to construct beats for him. I have never heard such an annoying, monotone, not rapping but not singing voice in my whole damned life.