The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #127

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATULATIONS DOQMSDAY ! :coolio:

Has anyone ever had a #1 on only their second week of nominating before ? Except edna, but that was Top Ten #2.

I'm very pleased that the Tom Jones, Buddy Holly and DC5 songs made it.

I'll be back nominating next week, and I hope those who missed this week will be too. The Nominations were really down. We don't want to lose any of our friends from The Ten. Haven't seen b-f or Mars88 lately. And...I've been trying to coax Kevin back. Kevvy - we forgive you for everything. :D Please come back.

:headphones:

I had 2 from the same list on my 2nd or 3rd try I think.

Gimme Three Steps-Lynyrd Skynyrd

Serenade-Steve Miller Band

They were probably renoms someone else had tried before tho. I didn't check on that. I do remember we had a hard time finding facts for Serenade. I'm not sure if we ever really found much of anything for that song.

Sshhh ! A certain cute blonde here nominated the LS song a lonnng time ago. But there weren't too many LS fans here then. Anyway, I'm sure all of us who've been here for a while have had songs miss out and later make it.

I'm happy to see any of my old noms get in. After all, I had the chance to renominate them if I'd wanted to !

Serenade was all yours though. :thumbsup:

How about your Mom, karma, too. I think she got one in first try ? :)

Sshhh ! A certain cute blonde here nominated the LS song a lonnng time ago. But there weren't too many LS fans here then. Anyway, I'm sure all of us who've been here for a while have had songs miss out and later make it.

I'm happy to see any of my old noms get in. After all, I had the chance to renominate them if I'd wanted to !

Serenade was all yours though. :thumbsup:

How about your Mom, karma, too. I think she got one in first try ? :) [/quote

Honest, not bragging, but this is the first list I have missed since I have started playing so have to hustle and do some research :D:D:D

Edited by Guest

Now that's fitting ! Our two newest Top Tenners' posts together. You're now 'part of the Family' and we hope you'll both be with us for a long time to come.

You're very welcome Doqm. :) It's always nice to get a #1.

Sue's turn now - although I think all of the good Doors' singles have made it already, but there's probably a few more Album Tracks worthy of nominating. Tim Lizard is the other resident Doors' fan. And Mindcrime nominated 'Waiting For The Sun' into TT #126 of course. I just like most of their singles.

And yes, "cute blonde" you nominated LS (easier than trying to spell it) back when Adam was in short pants. Or should that be short pLants ?

:headphones:

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #127 for the week ending 10th August 2008

1. I'm Only Sleeping - The Beatles (1966)

2. Let's Dance - David Bowie (1983)

3. Gimme Back My Bullets - Lynyrd Skynyrd (1976)

4. She's A Lady - Tom Jones (1971)

5. About A Girl - Nirvana (1989)

6. Rave On - Buddy Holly (1958)

7. Ride - The Vines (2004)

8.Sign Of The Gypsy Queen - April Wine (1981)

9. Because - Dave Clark Five (1964)

10. Heard It On The X - ZZ Top (1975)