The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #95

Lucky

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Canned Heat, The Black Crowes, Howlin' Wolf and Donovan in there but as for the rest same old same old. I like the top tens when there are no Beatles, The Who or Stones in them, just to see different artists in there, just my opinion. Not trying to get folks fired up so please don't make an issue out of my comment.

Nice Ten. Nothing to get all fired up about, but a nice Ten all the same. Other than the three token "Supergroup" songs (they are supergroups for a reason, afterall) there are 7 songs by artists we don't see all the time. I love it when Donovan makes the Ten, and Howlin' Wolf should have been there long ago. The Black Crowes are favorites of mine, and although Steve Miller has made the Ten before, "Take The Money and Run", his first big hit, made it the first time out, and that's a good thing! :)

All in all, I like it! :)

This was maybe the third time I had nominated a British super group (Beatles, Stones, Who, LZ) song (in 80+ top tens I have entered) and I explained the reasoning in my nom box. I like to see alternatives to the supergroups as well, but if a song moves me a particular week, I nominate it. Love Me Do is a masterpiece of simplicity. That's it.

I absolutely agree Ron. You can't ignore the really great songs just because of who the artist is. The whole thing is about songs, afterall, not artists.

To be honest, I had a Stones song lined up for next week, for the New Year. I probably will save it, since they just made it in this week. :smirk:

I was happy to see Canned Heat make it. I nominated one of theirs a while back but it didn't do to well. I agree with you Lucky. I don't vote on the group I vote on the song.

The super groups songs are some of the first music that caught my attention enough to make me such a music fan. They deserve to be in the ten. Not only do they inspire me but but they also inspire many, many past, present, and future great bands. We can't just leave them out because of who they are :grin:

I'm not a huge Stones fan but love CYHMK. I am a huge Beatles fan but don't care much for Love Me Do.

When I first found this site, I read a lot of the threads here and the tens was one of them. I didn't know at the time exactly what it was but I would have wondered why songs from The Beatles, Stones, Led Zep, Pink Floyd etc weren't listed. If they hadn't been I probably would have moved on.

I thought the songs listed were the greatest songs of all time. I'm sure other people that come here think the same thing. Your opinions count people. Your the experts :grin:

All right, how about we lock this puppy up....

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #95 for the week ending 30th December 2007

1. See Me, Feel Me/Listening To You - The Who (1969)

2. Can't You Hear Me Knocking - The Rolling Stones (1971)

3. Let's Work Together - Canned Heat (1970)

4. Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) - Neil Young (1979)

5. Remedy - The Black Crowes (1992)

6. Love Me Do - The Beatles (1963)

7. Take The Money And Run - The Steve Miller Band (1976)

8. Message In A Bottle - The Police (1979)

9. Spoonful - Howlin' Wolf (1960)

10. Wear Your Love Like Heaven – Donovan (1967)

And move on to TOP TEN #96, the first Top Ten of 2008 !

:headphones: