Hollywoods top 25 Turkeys!

Sweet Jane 61

On "The Postman": I made the mistake of reading David Brin's Odyssey-like tale of resurrecting part of the world one letter at a time before seeing the movie. (Romance!? What a crock! What was a fast-paced tale of deception, action, and redemption took forever to get over 1/3 of the book.) "Gordon Krantz" started out as a con man seeking to trade letters for food, and found himself feeding souls hungry for contact, and answered his own question:

"Who will take responsibility for these foolish children?" Still, taking over the Holnist army in a one-on-one contest came close to making this waste of movie film stock palatable. :stars:

I have only seen three that are on the list.

"Bonfire of the Vanities" - Saw this because I am a huge Tom Hanks fan. I forgot I saw this film untill I looked at the list which means it must have been really bad.Also,I haven't watched it again,even on TV,if it's ever on.Another sign it's bad

"Catwoman" - Ok,the only reason I went to see this movie was because of Halle Berry in that catsuit but I haven't watched it since. Not being able to sit through a movie again with her in a getup like that means it's really,really bad.

"Waterworld" - I didn't pay to see this movie but I have watched bits and pieces of it on the tube. I must say something intrigues me about this movie but I'm not sure what. I would maybe spend the time to watch it all if I caught it coming on at the beginning and if i had absolutley nothing else to do. Or if I was confined to bed with a illness. :P

"Howard the Duck" didn't deserve that fate. Okay, so maybe it sucked, but not anywhere near the suck level of those other ones.

And I'm surprised Kevin Costner and Bruce Willis didn't have at least three more apiece on that list.

Kevin Costner is the absolute KING of sucky movies! Although, I did watch "Mr. Brooks" a couple weeks back, and it was pretty cool....quite unique for a murder mystery. Costner couldn't act worth a sh*t in it, of course, but the cool storyline was able to carry it. Can't say that for "Waterworld", "The Postman", or "Dances With Rabid Hyenas", however.

The best acting Costner ever did was in "The Big Chill", when he played the corpse.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

• 2 weeks later...

.. Kevin Costner is the absolute KING of sucky movies! ... The best acting Costner ever did was in "The Big Chill", when he played the corpse.

I hope that's not dissin' his effort in "Field Of Dreams." If you weren't near tears when he says haltingly, hopefully, "Pitch some catch, Dad?" you either never owned a ball and glove or didn't miss any part of a fulfilling relationship with your father.

He lost some points for that sublime southern Illinois speech pattern he brought to the character of Robin of Locksley while slaying all those punks with a British accent. "Hey, Litter John! Look out fer da guy ova dehr!

:laughing: :laughing:

I remember I saw the movie at the premiere and I was with some British friends... :laughing: it was a bit weird... (I wonder what´s Hugh Laurie´s accent like... he´s British too but Dr. House is supposed to be American.)

I liked Costner in "The Untouchables".

I agree that Kevin Costner is a dreadful actor, but I did like Bull Durham and The Untouchables. Can you imagine how bad a movie would be if it starred Kevin Costner and Ben Affleck?

I too am surprised that there were not more Bruce Willis movies on the list.

I would have included Woody Allen's Stardust Memories (almost any of his movies would be suitable for inclusion. They should be marketed as soporifics.), The Stuntman (why did an actor of Peter O'Toole's stature make this piece of drek) and Glengarry Glenross (a pointless, mean-spirited foul languaged waste of acting talent).