The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #90

Lucky

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink Floyd, The Beatles and Led Zeppelin are my favorite bands in that order. I didn't vote for the Floyd or Zep songs because I just don't care much for those two songs. As a matter of fact I didn't vote for The Beatles song either. Same reason.

I am also new. Newer then you and I have had a couple of the songs I nominated make #1 in the ten and some of the others were voted pretty high as well.

I envy you for this. :puppyeyes:

This week neither of my songs made the list. They hardly got any votes at all. I'm a little disappointed but not at all angry about it and to be honest, I hadn't made a comment on the newest top ten because I don't really care for most of the songs on it. But, I won't criticize others because I don't care much for the songs chosen.

I have not ever felt any kind of favoritism here at all. I have been made to feel very welcome and with me being about half goofy most of the time that's saying a lot.

I'm sorry you are so upset Ry and hope you feel better and will still play the game when you come back. Personally I have a great time with it win or lose :grin:

Yeah, you'd feel upset too if none of your songs made the ten+ lists you participated in. :P

Yeah, you'd feel upset too if none of your songs made the ten+ lists you participated in. :P

Oh Ry, sweetie don't be upset. I've paricipated in probably 85+ out of 90 lists. Do you know how often my songs haven't made the list? As Joe has said, sometimes it takes many nominations before a song makes it, sometimes it's the first time out. "Come and Get Your Love" was nominated quite a few times. It finally made it. Just keep plugging along, you'll get a song in there! :)

However, I am still wondering why "Run Like Hell" didn't make it on the list when I nomanated it :confused: :shocked: :grin:

[Run Like Hell] is just a clumsy and erratic 'rocker' that's totally unmemorable; the reason everybody loves it is probably connected to the fact that, for some reason, it's one of [Dave] Gilmour's favourite songs (a-hole), so he plays it at every concert.

:grin:

Tim, I agree with you on this one...I must say that I don't care for Lenny all that much...but If someone nominated a song by him I would never make slams against the artist...but that's me....I feel that would hurt the person's feelings...It's okay to not like a group or artist but in this game we nominate songs, our personal favorites...and to put down a song/artist that was nominated I think is just wrong...but then again...that's me.... :P

Hey, Ry! :cool:

Look, I´ve been in every Top Ten there was. I am the most prolific poster and I´ve around for thee years. Yet my nominations very rarely make it. ( This time, "You´ve Got a Friend" did... cause it´s a classic and it was a renomination ) I think I had a #1 once with I don´t remember what song, I believe it was "Tell Me" -Stones.

So no, it has nothing to do with being new... I don´t know what it depends on. Sometimes you must nominate a song 10 times and it eventually makes it.

So don´t take it that way and let´s keep on playing... :cool:

Ry, I thought you had a sense of humour... I don't think Radhi and Martin turned leet over night. :P

And yeah... I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy because too many of my songs make it. Might sound weird to you but that's the way it is. Also, I've nominated some of my favourite songs and bands in the past... they hardly got any votes until they were nominated by someone else, which is when they made the Ten. Yes, that did bother me a tiny little bit, but so what? It's a game. And I don't let any of this stop me. Lighten up a bit.

Hey, nice brains. Not.

And while I'm at it, I say that part of this does have to do with my selection not making it. Maybe it's because I'm new or something, but if that song had been put up by someone whose been around longer than me, no doubt you people would have crown it as "Da best zong evha!!!!11!"

oh, Mr. Ry... :doh:

I think I'm actually offended ( ;) ), that you thought I was actually 'talking' like that - and meaning it. You are NOT that new, that you shouldn't know me better! :P

Of course, I was merely (trying to) express my joy while simultanously making fun of so-called "leets", just like I would have (tried) to imitate certain accents (Russian, Scottish, Chinese, whatever) to illustrate a certain point, or more likely to reference a certain aspect of popular culture... :crazy:

PS the direct reference to my post yesterday was a Flash movie I posted here a couple months ago (see here)

now to the fact that a few people aren't happy with the Top Tens: Welcome to my world ;)

As was already mentioned by a few other posters, this is TT #90 and I think the number of TT where I felt like posting a 'happybanana' was somewhere between 10 and 20, including the three times I nominated a #1 song...

I think I did my fair share of complaining over the months, so you are entitled to it as well, but neither will change the facts: we all have a different taste in music (see Lucky's "Dead Horse" thread ;) ), the only thing we all can do is try, try, try again, and if we fail try once more to expose people to (in our oppinion) great music (if they like it or not :grin: ), and that's what this thread... what this whole forum is all about :)

Also, I've nominated some of my favourite songs and bands in the past... they hardly got any votes until they were nominated by someone else, which is when they made the Ten.

That never bothered me. Bittersweet Symphony made it when Fin nominated it. And I recall being veryveryvery happy when Hey Jealousy made it after Shawna (re)nominated it.

I care more about the song than the credit... honestly.

Should I really bother saying anything? Alright, I will:

I agree with one word in that line.

I also think that FM radio has decayed all of your minds. I am only pleased by, like, two songs on this list (Tom Petty! Redbone! :rockon: ) and the rest I could live without. Maybe if you all try to listen to music with an objective viewpoint, there wouldn't be pointless corporate no-talents like Lenny Kravitz topping these lists all the time. And there wouldn't be messages like this:

Edited by Guest

I also think that FM radio has decayed all of your minds.

I have to comment on this since FM radio is my living, this is a broad statement grouping all FM stations together and they are not all alike, and you being in broadcasting super, should know this to be true.

As for the top 10, no not one of my favorites but that happens and we move on to the next top ten. I only like 3 of the songs that made the list, not everyone will pleased with every top 10. Got my noms ready and waiting for the next one! :)

wow... so much controversy. I'm a little sad.

I've been nominating in the Top Ten since its inception. I've had zero Number 1s, and only a half-a-handful of anything else that made it.

Joe, I do like Steely Dan... a lot of Steely Dan, in fact. Just maybe not the Steely Dan songs that have been nominated...

I've nominated numerous songs that didn't get anywhere close, then upon second nomination (or third) by someone else, they made it. I've always felt a small twinge of pride when that happens, and give myself credit for nominating it the first time. :grin:

Reading this whole thing that's evidently taken place between yesterday and last night, I'm really really sad. :puppyeyes:

I went back to check my list. Time is On My Side (Stones), Money (Pink Floyd), Gimme Three Steps (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Times They Are A-Changing (Bob Dylan), 96 Tears (? Mark and the Mysterians), Tangerine (Led Zeppelin), Cowgirl In The Sand (Neil Young), Back On The Chain Gang (The Pretenders), Kodachrome (Paul Simon), Crossfire (Stevie Ray Vaugh).

You just spoiled the surprise for me. :puppyeyes: :beady: }:(

Why are you leaving Ry?

In order to get a grip?

What a load of sour grapes, really. Man, some of us have been here for years and seldom even get a sniff of a Top Ten placing. But do we grumble about it?

Despite the more modern theme, this Top Ten is no better than any other for me. And I agree that "Stand" is not a particularly great song; not one I would ever choose to listen to. But so what?

And as for dissing Farin and Levis for their (quite obviously ironic) use of "text-speak"? :doh:

What a killjoy.