Announcements

edna

Jenny, I thought I was the only person on Earth who didn´t like beer... :shades:

*ahem* I've said it before... I wish I liked beer. Life would be so much easier. Having to navigate crowded parties/clubs with a fruity little drink is nearly impossible without wearing most of it home.

*ahem* I've said it before... I wish I liked beer. Life would be so much easier. Having to navigate crowded parties/clubs with a fruity little drink is nearly impossible without wearing most of it home.

Yeah Shawna, try to avoid the little fruits at parties. And for God's sake, don't wear 'em home.

Happy Birthday Ray! I don't know if you are into expensive craft beers, but I'll give you some of my favourite Canadian brews, anyway. :)

unibrouesh6.png

Thanks!!

Maudite is a great beer! I've tasted that one before and it can really send you for a loop if you're drinkin it too quick! :tongue:

:thumbsup:

I love Maudite and La Fin Du Monde. I haven't tried any others from the Unibroue range, but I've heard they're all great. :)

I believe that everyone would like at least one style of beer, if they were willing to try a few. There are about 50 styles of beer, and each style tastes very different from most other styles. People who don't like lagers should try some of these styles:

English Pale Ale - Either more fruity or more malty than a lager, depending on the brand. Usually lacks the harshness and metallicity that most people dislike about lagers.

Porter - Tastes like coffee or mocha. Usually sweeter and easier to drink than stouts.

Hefeweizen - Fruity, balanced with a spicy nutmeg-like taste. Very refreshing.

This public disservice announcement has been brought to you by your local Beer Advocate. :grin:

Edited by Guest

Hey Songfactors...just to let you know an update on my Dad...the last two days were not good...they had to do CPR on him yesterday, and again today....seems to be he's developed seizures from the mini-strokes now....he stopped breathing, and luckily they were able to get him breathing again....very scary stuff going on now, but he seemed a little bit better when I left today...but again another setback...he's becoming very discouraged and depressed....I'm doing my best to give him possitive thoughts....

Laurie, I was just going to pt you when I read your post... :P :P :P

I hope he´s strong and what´s most, he must be willing to recover. Show him all you love, you and your family. I´m still praying my gods for him.

And you know we´re with you...

(((((((((Laurie))))))))))

Some good news....they are moving my Dad to a stroke rehab center tomorrow morning.....they will be working with him to get his muscles going again...I've heard good things about this center....so I'm hoping this will help him out alot....Thanks for all your good thoughts again... they really do help...you guys are great....