The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #79

Lucky

It should be, but it isn't always and just ignoring everything and waving white flags and singing love songs doesn't make it go away.

Apart from that, I don't want to contribute to this discussion. I understand both point of views, and I think it's time to let it rest, but I'm certainly not part of the Let's just love one another and live in peace group here.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason Levis wants me to state here on the Boards that Martin didn't leave of his own accord. That's correct; I replaced him. I'm not going to go into why. I'll just repeat - it was not a 'snap' decision. Also, I had previously suggested he take some 'time off' when he was going through a bad patch.

I've offered both of them joint positions running weekly 'Specials' after Chris finishes the Ultimate Top Ten. That could either be to shut them up or because I feel sorry for Martin, or both. Maybe it's an olive branch.

I know with PTs flying backwards and forwards it's after 12.30 P.M. here. My Wife says 'just walk away from it all'. Not likely now !

Alright people. Here's Lucky, with her famous two cents.

First, I think that it is ridiculous that any discussion of Martin is going on, as though he's gone or something. He's right here, logged on at this moment. Come on! :P

Here's how I feel. A decision was made, by the person who, for all intents and purposes is our CEO. That's what CEO's do, make those tough decisions. Obviously an unpopular one with many, but a decision just the same. People have opinions, on both sides of this issue I'm sure. Shoot, I have my own. When unpopular decisions are made, there is bound to be some fallout, and I think we are just experiencing that. I think that this is just a delayed reaction.

It's not fair to point at people, and name names. I would ask that people remember that decisions are made for a reason, and we are not always privy to those reasons. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and of course some initial discussion is going to happen. I would have preferred that comments from ANYONE, and the discussion of them not take place in the thread, but privately. No need to air dirty laundry. However it has, and we must live with what has already been done.

This is the place we come to have fun though. I'd like to acknowledge everyone's opinions, and ask that any future commentary be kept private please? We are all friends after all. Please remember that. There are no badguys here. Just differences of opinion. :P

Edited by Guest

Now, I think it's time for a Musical Interlude....

Please click here

Anyway, haven't seen you in a while.

How've you been? Have you changed your style?

And do you think that we've grown up differently?

Don't seem the same since you've lost your feel for me.

So let's leave it alone 'cause we can't see eye to eye.

There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy,

There's only you and me and we just disagree.

Ooh-ooh-ooh, oh-oh-oh.

I'm going back to a place that's far away.

How 'bout you? Have you got a place to stay?

Why should I care when I'm just trying to get along?

We were friends, but now's the end of our love song.

Ooh-ooh-ooh, oh-oh-oh.

Ooh-ooh-ooh, oh-oh, oh-oh-oh.

Alright people. Here's Lucky, with her famous two cents.

First, I think that it is ridiculous that any discussion of Martin is going on, as though he's gone or something. He's right here, logged on at this moment. Come on! :P

Here's how I feel. A decision was made, by the person who, for all intents and purposes is our CEO. That's what CEO's do, make those tough decisions. Obviously an unpopular one with many, but a decision just the same. People have opinions, on both sides of this issue I'm sure. Shoot, I have my own. When unpopular decisions are made, there is bound to be some fallout, and I think we are just experiencing that. I think that this is just a delayed reaction.

It's not fair to point at people, and name names. I would ask that people remember that decisions are made for a reason, and we are not always privy to those reasons. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and of course some initial discussion is going to happen. I would have preferred that comments from ANYONE, and the discussion of them not take place in the thread, but privately. No need to air dirty laundry. However it has, and we must live with what has already been done.

This is the place we come to have fun though. I'd like to acknowledge everyone's opinions, and ask that any future commentary be kept private please? Martin, Radhi, and Bluesboy are our friends afterall. Please remember that. There are no badguys here. Just differences of opinion. :P

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I'm at Darryl's side too.

Not complaining, but Peace Frog was my nom, Tim was just excited that it was nominated and made it in the top 10.

I apologize Jane. This was an editing error. I only meant to acknowledge to Tim, that finally Peace Frog made it. He's been very vocal about his feelings that it is close to being the greatest song in the world!! :grin:

Shawna hasn't voted yet, but I don't know if she'll come online again today.

I'm just happy as a Peace Frog in &^(^% that anyone noticed I hadn't had time to vote! You are the best, Fin! :grin:

*stepping up on soapbox*

LOVE FRIENDSHIP BADFINGER ROGERCLYNE UNDERSTANDING HARSHER PENALTIES FOR PAROLE VIOLATORS

Oh - and WORLD PEACE

*stepping down off soapbox*

And while I'm here, let me say how much I appreciate Lucky and Fintan's efforts in running the Top Ten. It's too easy to take it all for granted sometimes.

My mind has been racked by paranoia lately and I haven't been 'with it'. I only remember two songs in this week's Top Ten. Let's hope next week is better !

:headphones:

Well Said Laurie Baby !!!

Musical Interlude. :)

Ruth Brown: THIS LITTLE GIRL`S GONE ROCKIN`

I WROTE MY MOM A LETTER AND THIS IS WHAT I SAID…

WELLA WELLA WELLA WELLA WASHED ALL THE DISHES AND I DID A LOT MORE,

I EVEN BOUGHT THE DINNER AT THE GROCERY STORE.

AND NOW, MOM, YOU`LL FIND THE KEY NEXT DOOR,

THIS LITTLE GIRL`S GONE ROCKIN`.

I LEFT SOME BISCUITS FOR THE PUP, I PUT FRESH WATER IN HIS CUP.

AND NOW I`M OFF, I`M GONNA LIVE IT UP, THIS LITTLE GIRL`S GONE ROCKIN`.

WELL, I`LL BE HOME ABOUT TWELVE TONIGHT, AND NOT A MINUTE, MINUTE LATER,

DON`T FORGET THE FRONT DOOR LIGHT, THAT`S ALL FOR NOW, I`LL SEE YOU LATER, GATOR.

YOU`LL FIND EACH THING THAT YOU WANTED DONE, I`M OFF TO MEET THAT SPECIAL ONE.

AND BOY OH BOY WILL WE HAVE FUN,

`CAUSE THIS LITTLE GIRL`S GONE ROCKIN`.

:guitar:

whew...I'm happy to put this puppy down....

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #79 for the week ending 9th September 2007

1. Penny Lane - The Beatles (1967)

2. Peace Frog - The Doors (1970)

3. Everyday - Buddy Holly (1958)

4. Legs - ZZ Top (1984)

5. I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick (1977)

6. It's A Man's Man's Man's World - James Brown (1966)

7. Them Changes - Buddy Miles (1970)

8. Try (Just A Little Bit Harder) - Janis Joplin (1969)

9. Love The One You're With - Stephen Stills (1970)

10. Help Me - Joni Mitchell (1974)

Skip on over to Top Ten #80, folks. We've got something in store for you! :)

Edited by Guest